The big disappointment: announced but never released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by no time, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

The beatles magical mystery tour quad mix 8 track. I have my 4 speakers and my deck still waiting....

geo50000 likes this.
  2. Two Sheds

Two Sheds Sha La La La Lee

I read that a John's Children box set of all of their singles was going to be released on 7" vinyl about 8-10 years ago. It never materialized.

Ludger likes this.
  3. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

In June 2019, Yes's official Facebook page announced: "Towards the end of 2019, YES will be releasing a Box Set of BBC Sessions and Early Years recordings, primarily focussing on 1969 and 1970. This official release will eclipse anything released before, from this era, featuring a wealth of material that fans won’t have heard before."

We are now very much "towards the end of 2019," and there has been no release date announced and no follow-up messages to explain the current status of the project.

warewolf95, RAZORMADE, JayB and 3 others like this.
  4. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

The same with an announced second edition of Stefan Granados' Apple Records book. They wrote on the Mortimer "On Our Way Home" CD booklet that it was to be "out soon" in 2017. I asked Cherry Red 6 months later, nothing came of it.

BryanW likes this.
  5. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

The Cure - Wish Deluxe edition and In Orange on dvd..

RAZORMADE, mark renard, edfom and 4 others like this.
  6. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

That next Jimmy Page record

No Bull and mark renard like this.
  7. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

Bummer. Better that they keep 'em under wraps than disappoint us.

8. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Not really..

Ian Brown had domestic issues with his ex-wife 10 years..the rest of them are fine as far as I know..

Ian Brown released without charge following assault arrest | NME

9. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

That's the best Apple history book available. So far, I mean

10. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

All About Eve - Complete BBC Sessions (1987-91)

Scheduled for 2008, eventually scrapped, then rumoured once again in 2017.

All About Eve Deluxe Editions

Dodoz likes this.
  12. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Everything The Cure have announced but not issued. Special Editions of Wish, Wild Mood Swings, Bloodflowers, The Cure, 4:13 Dream, The Scream, The Cure At The BBC Box Set (Peel Sessions and live shows - presumably including Birmingham 1985, Birmingham 1987, Glastonbury 1990, Wembley 1991, Glastonbury 1995, London 2009, Reading 2012... and more) as well as DVD editions of Play Japan, In Orange, Play Out, Show, Paris (2008), Reflections (20111), Mexico 2013....

tedg65, warewolf95, Dodoz and 6 others like this.
  13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Wonder why that didn't happen. Even a US Beatles vinyl box set would've been nice.

Billy Budapest likes this.
  14. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Apple must have put the kibosh on it... Capitol announced it, they recognized the obvious sales potential... Only one entity could have stopped it.

15. Now and Then by The Threatles. Kind of wish we had Gotten that one.

No Bull, Ludger and Clark V Kauffman like this.
  16. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

Sorry if this had already been mentioned.

S&G "BOTW" 4.0 SACD.

17. Chance

Chance Forum Resident

It was also rough for me that premiere bootleg label Vigotone got busted before their massive SMiLE box set could hit the streets. That thing woulda been a spectacle of pure wonder.

EdColeman likes this.
  18. I would have also liked the opportunity to hear the Simon and Garfunkel Hearts and Bones. I know the rift between them now is far too great to work together but I would have loved to hear them tackle one more album. It seems the rift between them are much deeper and vast than even the one that was between Paul and John at the end of The Beatles.

19. That was never announced, though, was it? Just talked about after the Anthology releases, IIRC,

20. I don’t remember. I do remember that some info leaked out st the time so maybe your right.

21. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

George Harrison's soundtrack album for Shanghai Surprise in 1986.

He had seemingly retired from the record biz in 1982 so this album appeared to be a Hari-fan's only chance of owning new music from the man at that time. It was slated for release but dreadful critical reaction to the film (although, not George's soundtrack) apparently scuppered any plans to release it.

Thankfully, George's full return to the industry was only a year away with the release of Cloud Nine in 1987.

22. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I would've loved this one as well.

No Bull, Billy Budapest and lavalamp3 like this.
  23. Hootsmon

Hootsmon Forum Resident

At the time of the release of the Tim Buckley dvd My Fleeting House in 2007 it was said that his entire catalogue was getting the 5-star remastering service and a second volume of dvd was coming out with the remaining known TV footage and supposedly concert footage.
    Never heard of again.

24. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

Actually, not. There have been many releases by the man, both new and archival. Certainly he has many scraped projects, but the Archives series is turning out to be great, although that first box set was a joke.

Yeah, he blackholed himself.

25. dockofthebay

dockofthebay Forum Resident

You didn't read the thread title, did you? Not doubting that he releases content, just that he announces, but never releases, over and over again. As per the thread title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.