The Big Valley

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RetroSmith, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

This 5 year run has never been made available on VHS OR DVD. all that appeared was the two-parter "Fire" on VHs in the 80s.

The other thiung is that even the reruns of this great show look AWFUL. The colors are dull, and when you compare it to how great "Bonanza" looks, its a joke.

We need this series available on dVD!!!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

And this is sad because the 35mm broadcast prints of THE BIG VALLEY were true Technicolor. These prints were used in the FIRST syndication of the show in the late 1960's but seem to have all been tossed now.

A darn shame.

Another true Technicolor wonder was the last season of THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE & HARRIET....

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Yes, I'd like this restored as well.

4. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

Thats kind of wierd. So the first set of prints for the syndicated episodes look nice? I wonder why they werent used for later runs? From the looks of what you get on cable TV, those prints are copies off of other prints.

Hopefully, the original 35mm prints are locked away safely someplace. Maybe in my lifetime they will master every episode and release them on DVD.

By the way, "Bonanza" looks AMAZING these days. Those have definetly been remastered from original prints.

If Jarrad Barkley was on the case, he'd get the prints released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.