The Biggest Anthology?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Luvtemps, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zen

zen Senior Member

Looking for pop artists! Fun idea. It seems like the thread is ruling out the ones with long(er) pieces of music.
    It's ideal for the ones who generally aimed at three minute songs. So obviously they'd have a largest list to chose from.

2. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I agree, but only The Beatles and Dylan. Both remain popular and people have an appetite for their unreleased music. They also have this down to a science. As much as some of us would like anniversary projects by the likes of, say Cream or Traffic or The Band, I don't think there is "big bucks" there.

I will say that these anniversary projects by legacy artists are also probably helping to keep the CD alive longer.....

alexpop likes this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Not every title screams 50th Anniversary although everybody's aesthetics are different. Keep the titles limited they will sell.

4. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Morricone. No one comes close.

5. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

Paul McCartney

He's been writing songs for 60 years atleast

Uncle Miles likes this.
  6. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Elvis Costello has got to be in the conversation. Got off to a late start compared to Dylan, Morrison and McCartney, but he's really been prolific--despite the 10 year "moratorium" that was recently lifted. Very diverse catalog touching on many different genres and styles, he's collaborated with a variety of different songwriters, musicians and producers over the years.
    He's already released a plethora of out-takes, demos, alternates and B-sides---and several "hits" compilations-- but it's rather odd that he's never released a full-on comprehensive retrospective box set covering his 40+ year career.

Richard Thompson is also in the discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.