The Bill Murray Stories

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GroovyBaby, Jan 12, 2019.

1. GroovyBaby

GroovyBaby Well-Known Member Thread Starter

The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned from a Mythical Man

Perhaps you have heard these stories about Bill Murray.

He will appear unannounced at a party or a bar or someplace and enjoy himself just like a regular fella for a while and then disappear. Leaving the people there with a warm fuzzy feeling and a story they can tell their friends and family about.

This film explores these genuine and somehow uplifting encounters with a very famous person who does not act like he is a very famous person.

We enjoyed this film. It gave us a warm fuzzy feeling also.

THE BILL MURRAY STORIES Trailer (2018)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    mikeyt and ianuaditis like this.
  2. dougotte

dougotte Vague Waste of Space-Time

Looks Good! Thanks.

3. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Bill Murray always brings a smile

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Forum Resident

Love Murray. But there’s no way in hell I’m sitting there an entire movie of a bunch of people telling stories about him showing up at someone’s basement jam. It might be interesting if your friend had one story about bumping into Bill Murray. But I can’t imagine sitting through 15 of the same story: “....and in comes Bill Murray!” Yeah, big deal, Corky.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Sultan Of Snark

Any possibility he's delusional, and he thinks he's in the movie Zelig?

Rooster_Ties and Ghostworld like this.
  6. forthlin

forthlin Forum Resident

Very cool, I'd love to see this.:)

7. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Except he knows that as a famous person he can just walk uninvited into your party or baseball game and you’ll be excited instead of freaked out...

Dudley Morris likes this.
  8. Ghostworld

Naw, he’s just single and shows up at parties like any other horny dweeb. I like him more for that and he likes to party.

“The wife of entertainer Bill Murray has filed for divorce after nearly 11 years of marriage, alleging he abused her and is addicted to marijuana and alcohol.”

Still a wild man. He said in a recent Vanity Fair interview that he doesn’t want to be in a relationship because relationships require work and he has other things he’s more responsible towards. I’m totally with him on that one. And when you’ve got some high flying wife she’s not gonna put up with you hanging out at some kids basement jam session on Saturday night intead of taking her to château Marmont for dinner. Which sounds less like a Murray thing to do than showing up at a Growlers concert.

9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Sultan Of Snark

Haven't really seen him do that since Tootsie. ;)

10. The former I know nothing about the latter I'm not surprised.

11. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley Forum Resident

So you like that he was likely abusive to his wife? Wow. “High flying wife”? OK then.

Then there was the recent Golden Globes incident, where he dumped alcohol on a bunch of people. I’ve never experienced him personally (Not even at a Cubs game)

I liked his work for many years, but he seems a skeevy old man to me.

Nothing wrong with having fun, but when you harm other people? Not so much. He gets away with it because he’s Bill Murray.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i would absolutely love to have dinner with bill murray. just seems so down to earth and fun to be around.

and i'm still pissed that he did not get the oscar for 'lost in translation". sean penn..........for 'mystic river', for making his wrinkle face for the whole movie.

Ghostworld likes this.
  13. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Got to see this film. Murray is a resident of Charleston and many of his “sightings” happen here. Several of the shots in the trailer show Charleston including the Ravenel Bridge, The Battery, Downtown, and “The Joe” where the Riverdogs play.

fr in sc likes this.
  14. "Down to earth?" Maybe. Just not any earth that we're aware of. Fun? Most certainly.

I saw this documentary last night. It was interesting.

So, Bill Murray uses his celebrity status to become a normal Joe, yet while doing it he's obviously still Bill Murray, so he can never quite shake that skin. Or, at times, Bill Murray uses his status in a totally kooky way, by being the ultimate celebrity, surprising people and telling them that "Nobody will believe you."

The premise here, no matter how you slice it, is Bill is like a god on Mt. Olympus who sometimes comes down to experience mere mortals, giving the illusion that it is on the mortal's terms, when really it's not. Bill is just stoned and he's tired of looking at his own four walls.

While it may be true that Bill wants to escape the faux celebrity life and/or there's some zen method to his madness, there's still the separation between the haves and haves-nots, so it's really a wash, no matter how the docu wants to spin it.

Yeah, he's probably a cool guy, yet I'm certain that the conceit of the documentary is ultimately a lesson in super conceitedness.

15. Ghostworld

Bill Murray Lives in Charleston, SC? I did not know that! My father taught at the medical school and I lived there for many years. One of the finest cities in the U.S. Well, if these sightings are all happening in Charleston, Dear Charleston, that explains it. The city is a tiny diamond and society is very close, and any decent Charlestonian knows the door is always open to another!

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  16. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Where to Spot Bill Murray in Charleston - Explore Charleston Blog

fr in sc and Ghostworld like this.
  17. Ghostworld

18. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Source of the quote?