The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I certainly hope we find out who is in that suitcase, which hasn't been mentioned for some time now.

MikaelaArsenault and Vidiot like this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Hey, am I crazy, or have the producers completely forgotten that Liz has a 4-year-old kid? I hate shows where the children kind of come and go from the story, and only appear when there's a plot point to be made or when it's convenient.

Yeah, they've been stringing us along for 7 years without a real resolution. This story from some months ago claims that the current season may not be the final one, so the wingnuts running the show may go another 20-22 episodes and still not give us any answer...

‘The Blacklist’ Renewed For Season 8 By NBC – Deadline

The worst thing about the version of "Landslide" played in the show was that it was a fairly-recent remake done by Stevie Nicks, and not the classic 1975 Fleetwood Mac original. Much cheaper to license for TV that way.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i am surprised they didn't use the dixie chicks version of 'landslide', probably even cheaper.

jpelg likes this.
  4. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Gee, I’m so glad we finally got all the promised answers in this special episode. Honestly, it’d be great if they’d dump this endless and pointless storyline and go back to individual episodes.

Craig, forthlin and rjp like this.
  5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

YES!!

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

'the blacklist' has started to become an exercise in mediocrity.

Lupe Lu likes this.
  7. Achn2b

Achn2b Forum Resident

I thought it was the bones of the real Red?

To tell you the truth, I haven't really followed closely this last season. I usually have it on in the background while playing on the computer. Last I knew of the 'mythology' was that Keen killed the real Red when she was a little girl, and her mother's partner, played by Gabriel Mann, underwent surgery to look like him, and take his place. But he's really not him, correct, her old partner is really the Brian Dennehy character?

Have they actually revealed who it is that's actually impersonating Reddington?

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

they have basically revealed nothing......they just keep dangling the same mysteries at the audience week after week after week.

they desperately need to get this **** over with and get back to the original premise of the show with one new blacklister each week to be caught.

MikaelaArsenault and Lupe Lu like this.
  9. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Right? And so much for the producers of the show's lame excuses that they needed to recast Brian Dennehy's role because they needed his character because he was so pivotal, that he had answers, blah, blah, blah...

Far as I can tell, they had ABSOLUTELY no purpose in recasting, except to further bollix up what used to (long ago) a good show.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  10. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Just finished this week’s episode. There is no hope for this show. Did they get a bunch of new writers who haven’t watched the show before? I’m dumbfounded by the decisions they’re making. Is Raymond going to wake up from a coma and the last two seasons were all in his head? Because that’s about the only way to reroute the series.

11. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Out of deference to the first few seasons, I guess I'll watch it to the end, but they are making it very difficult. Their Preposterous Dial must be set to 11.

MikaelaArsenault, jpelg and shokhead like this.
  12. shokhead

100% and for our sanity let’s hope the end is near and don’t be shocked if it ends without tying up and ends

MikaelaArsenault, Bachtoven and jpelg like this.
  13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

so, now liz is the fugitive and red is buddy-buddy with the FBI.

are we also to assume that liz and ressler slept together so now he will be working both sides.

what a ****ing mess.

i was really hoping it would go back to the original premise of the show and we would have a new criminal every week, instead it went the entire other way and liz will be the criminal every week.

:doh:

MikaelaArsenault and Craig like this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

I miss Reddington's stories and especially his humor.

15. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

16. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Spader is becoming less interesting and hanging the show on Liz is, well, not very interesting.

BluesOvertookMe and Scott222C like this.
  17. shokhead

That’s for sure

18. shokhead

Top much of her makes me out on this show and I’ve been there since the start but the show now has zero to do with the show name

MikaelaArsenault and Scott222C like this.
  19. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

20. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

21. shokhead

Scott222C and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  22. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I’m in total agreement with you on this.

23. shokhead

:goodie::cheers::goodie:

24. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

25. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

After what Liz did in the last episode
    blindly exploding a bomb in Reddingtons hospital room with no idea who else might be in there
    her character no longer has any credibility nor do I feel any compassion for her.