The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Wait, wait I got one- Liz walks into the bathroom at a bar and the screen goes black! Series over.

2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

"Dooonn't stop-!"

Liz wakes up with Suzanne Pleshette and tells her about this weird dream she had...and then Bobby Ewing comes out of the shower...

The Panda likes this.
  3. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

Hope Megan coming back doesn't jinx the series

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

That happened a long time ago.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm shocked to say that The Blacklist has really hit its stride this season, and neither COVID nor the lack of Megan Boone stopped the show from actually getting a lot better. I thought the plots were interesting, complex, and had a lot of surprises in the last few months. And they didn't get any worse when Ms. Boone returned from shooting her movie.

They're still dragging their heels at telling us whether Red Reddington is really the Soviet agent N13, how he's related to Liz, or even who the character is at all. But it's holding my attention, and by god, it's neither boring nor predictable (which I think it was in previous seasons).

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yep, a very very noticeable difference with her back on the show, truly takes away from the whole vibe.

Vidiot and marmalade166 like this.
  7. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Quite a departure having a Black Sabbath song, and yet such an atypical one that many viewers (SHF forumites excepted) probably didn't know it was a Sabbath song.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'll say this: they finally had Red Reddington say, "OK, I'm going to divulge all my secrets next week" (presumably in the next episode), so -- if we can believe the dialogue -- we'll finally find out who he really is, what his relationship to Liz is, why this Townshend guy wants to kill anybody close to Red, and whether Red is truly a Russian agent, a criminal, or what. And also explain his reasons for wanting to keep Liz alive.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

:laughup:

you know that there was no truth to raymond's statement whatsoever, if they told you what was really going on they wouldn't have a show.

Vidiot likes this.
  10. shokhead

You are right and that may not be a bad thing if Liz is back.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

What... you mean they might be deliberately misleading us in order to make us watch in desperation of finally getting some real answers? I mean, they've done 171 hours of episodes so far... surely they couldn't just waste our time with the next show? Or could they...

jpelg, forthlin, rjp and 1 other person like this.
  12. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I lost it when Keen said with a straight face and shaking her handcuffed wrist, “But me? I fight back and I’ve gone too far.” Hilarious statement after all the chaos she has caused this season!

During the first season everyone watching pretty much had to assume Reddington was Keen’s dad. So much so that they had an episode where he denied this. To be honest, that’ll be the only excuse I would accept for his ridiculous overreach in protecting her. Anything less than being family would be absurd.

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

better question:

are there really people out there who believe that it will actually happen and will tune in only to be disappointed for the hundredth time?

Vidiot likes this.
  14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

liz, unequivocally and undeniably, ruins the flow and ebb of the blacklist.

raymond, dembe, and the task force without her would truly make for excellent TV. (if there is such a thing, but spader is just so ****ing good)

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Me! Me! I have agents standing by to put sand in Jon Bokenkamp's gas tank at his NY office parking space if they screw us again.

marmalade166 likes this.
  16. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

I really don't see how Liz can retain her FBI job, so let's hope she doesn't so we can fully enjoy the final season!

17. shokhead

Now? She should have lost it YEARS ago

Klavier likes this.
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

seriously.........you know she will get re-instated for the final year.

Klavier and shokhead like this.
  19. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

Oh, I'm prepared for that preposterous action, but a boy can dream, can't he?

shokhead likes this.
  20. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

21. George P

George P Notable Member

22. shokhead

23. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

Shocked but not shocked, have been a huge fan since the pilot. Will this leave Red to settle things with Townshend one on one next season? It was pretty cool when that vault door opened as last episode ended. Finally some answers though the ride to get here has been fun.

The show was always strong just in the weekly cases solved with Red's underworld assistance and leads, so it would still be great just going back to that for episodes. Wow, end of an era, since September 2013. Always felt extra sad for Liz when Tom was taken away from her although it was all part of the sham her life had been from childhood. I guess her and the daughter go off to hopefully a happy life away from Russian spy intrigue, you know, for make believe characters from a very good show :righton:

24. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I don’t know, they drop Liz in the second last season? They’ve made such a mess of it, maybe it’s the only way.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, HUGE shock. They kept this buried all season, but I suspected something was up since she only did half the episodes this season. You wonder if they're going to kill off her character and have Red Reddington be the adopted father, or mother and daughter will just go on the run as criminal adversaries elsewhere in the world. That's a big change.

If they don't spill the beans about who Reddington is, how he's connected to Liz, why he was there the night of the fire, and just who Liz (as a little girl) shot with the gun that night... why, I'll lead a protest down to NBC/Universal headquarters with pitchforks and torches.