The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

A short goodbye would have been perfect!

2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I agree!!!

George P likes this.
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I see your point and agree, it'll be tough to pull the show out of a nose-dive. But strange things happen: there have been some major shows that had huge cast changes that forced them to rise to the occasion and make the show better, and they stayed on for years and years.

I have to say, the montage they edited showing all the high points and low points of Liz's life over the past 8 years was terrific. Very much a "your life flashes before your eyes" moment. I thought that was really well-done.

And I agree, all the clues between Katarina and Red are there, and it's the only explanation that makes sense. I've been joking for years that Red Reddington seems -- shall we say -- a bit flamboyant, and this would be yet another explanation.

tdavis0903 and Klavier like this.
  4. Dok

Dok Senior Member

I can't remember the details, maybe someone here can, but wasn't there an episode a number of seasons back where Red revisits the beach house? Seemingly remembering what transpired there from her Mother's point of view? All I do seem to remember was that it a very reflective and quiet episode compared to the others.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

I certainly didn't remember or recognize her, but I thought it was neat they had the Beth character/actress (Delphina Belle) back from the pilot.

[​IMG]

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I did like that episode quite a bit. One wonders if perhaps this was a red herring (hey! A joke!), and Red Reddington was never really there in the flesh. It's sort of like saying, "Darth Vader killed your father"... which was true in a manner of speaking.

tdavis0903 likes this.
  7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

You're entitled to your opinion, although I for one disagree.

8. shokhead

So what will The Miracle Cure be?

9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Thanks! Because I think it's a good opinion. :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  10. George P

George P Notable Member

Propecia

Vidiot and audiomixer like this.
  11. shokhead

A 2fer!

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Klavier likes this.
  13. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

Red's transformation from Katarina might explain his extremely close shave! (I don't think I've ever seen even a hint of a whisker.)

Vidiot likes this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

I noticed some recently, and also noticed that his beard is blonde.

15. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. He/she/they are usually closely shaved 24/7.

16. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I agree

17. Achn2b

Achn2b Forum Resident

Just caught up with the series, and I have to agree, Red is Katarina.

When Liz showed him the picture and said, "you were there, weren't you?" and he simply replies, "I was there". Well, yeah, he was, but not behind the camera.

I liked it. Had the feel of a series finale, can't believe it's coming back for another. Can't see where they take it from here.

Vidiot likes this.
  18. shokhead

Oct. 28, season 9
    May or may not be anything but I noticed Mozhan Marino added to the credits but found nothing that she is coming back.

19. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Actually it’s October 21.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

james spader channeling marlon brando, did not see that coming, i was waiting to hear him utter the words "the horror......the horror'.

all in all a pretty darn good re-boot.

i like the new roessler, i think he will be a much more razor-sharp character now with the FBI constraints gone.

and dembe will come back with a vengeance.

the others were fine also, it just seems they might get back to the backlist's original premise now, and that would be a very good thing.

and i don't want to believe it, but somehow i feel that we have not seen the last of elizabeth keane.

marmalade166 likes this.
  21. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

I watched this live where I usually save it for DVR time later as the anticipation was high after the shocking end to last season, even though we knew Elizabeth/Megan Boone was going to be leaving the show in some way weeks ahead of the finale last season. I still can't process nor believe she's really dead so agree with rjp above.

Very bold approach and I liked it. It was disconcerting but that's not a bad thing, it's fresh and opens new possibilities for direction. 2 years forward, Donald almost unrecognizable, a retirement, a reassignment, Dembe an agent now (!?!?) and Aram in the tech world kind of, every reveal was like "wow" . The microchip story ripped right from the headlines is very interesting, the opening port crime scene was classic Blacklist action, a new underground organization to uncover in the Skinner, it all adds up to more of one of my favorite shows the last 9 years.

James Spader is amazing. Every week, year after year, he brings more depth to Raymond Reddington or whomever and whatever person he is/she was. The focus on Liz's daughter is interesting, I thought they might phase that out as she moves in to a new life without her mother sadly, but staying connected with the characters and Cooper means she will continue as a storyline. They could have phased it out and dealt with Raymond understanding that distance was required for her to move on safely to a new life, even if she's his granddaughter ultimately, but they chose differently for the show for now.

I'll liken the re-boot to what happened on another favorite of mine, Blindspot. They did a major re-boot and time jump and it was confusing and different, but they made it work. I wish that it had continued, that and Backlist were an awesome 1-2 punch every week for NBC thriller shows.

Looking forward to what season #9 brings, long live RR.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  22. shokhead

So how’s everybody liking or not liking the Blacklist?

23. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Tom Keen inexplicably returning, dressed up as Dr. Max Goodwin, fresh out of Witness Relocation, stepping up to ask, "How can I help..."

To answer @shokhead, I was less- and less-patiently with it until last season, when I'd had enough. I'm looking forward to Spader's next challenge, whenever it happens.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  24. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

It’s ok so far. I’m a little confused by who they’re working for, if they’re off the grid or are a part of an official or unofficial agency. I don’t buy Aram selling so cheaply or how Dembe became an FBI agent. But I’m still along for the ride.

George P likes this.
  25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i think its great, kind of like the old days.

hope it continues.