" THE BOBBY BROWN STORY " TV-movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by WLL, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

I, this day, stumbled onto this - clearly a rerun - 2-part " THE
    BOBBY BROWN STORY " TV movie on BET, seeing a of the 2nd part, some of the 1st. It was interesting
    to see the presumaly authorized version of someone who has been so painted a villian in pil)cebrity news culture. That's not to say I automatically, or at all, believe what it says.
    As far as Whitney's long decline, well...I wonder who did the record recreations on the soundtrak

eherecordrdrecreations onotbkftbc

2. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

????

audiomixer likes this.
  3. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

4. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Seems like a continuation of this...

Darryl

WLL likes this.
  5. WLL

...Thank you, that might explain why the movie mentioned Brown reuniting with New Edition later in the 90s but did not depict it...shavetailing/heading into that movie? (& not paying for the right to the other NEs and for actors to pay them? It was a TVM, after all:biglaugh:)
    In this film, Robyn Crawford was played as rather a bad'n, from what I saw.Okay, just to spell it out...this would reflect Bobby's preferred version of the relationship! The film depicted oby, when he went to Whitney's funeral, going with his immediate family and sitting in a pew four or so back from the front - to which security respond to BB himself -" You can sit there but your family has to go to the back ", and saying he will be physically removed if that does not happen, to which he responds by going up to Whitney's coffin and having a personal goodbye moment, than leaving with his family before the future eral starts. Did this happen? The film depicts BB and Bobbi Christina singing Sly Stone's " If You Want Me To Stay " to each other, and indicates that Bobbi was about to visit BB in LA to record something just before her death, implying that it would have been a version of that Sly song. I remember seeing BB on just one episode of this CMT reality series, " Gone Country ", some years ago.
    Ten years from now -
    " The Chris Brown Story '?:whistle::D

reelywinger, post: 20445776, member: 14737"]Seems like a continuation of this...

Darryl
    [/QUOTE]

6. WLL

...That trailer for " The NE Story " reminds me- Is New Edition's " Candy Girl " LP, on Streetwise Records, caught in some Negative/
    Phantom Zone of record business hell? It seems like, the only time I ever saw a CD of it was in the Eighties.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.