The Bobby Whitlock - Derek And The Dominos Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by happytobealive, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electric swede

electric swede New Member

To all of those who are scandinavians like me, I am pleased to see that it also is available through www.cdon.com (the biggest site in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries that sells books, music CD:s, DVD movies etc.), which means we can get it quickly. And they have it in their own stock (it's not an import).

Quite pricey, though - 425 Swedish crowns ($ 65) for a paperback! So if the shipment doesn't take too long, I guess Amazon is still a better choice. Aaaargh, I can't wait to read it, it's just a matter of the best way to get it.

Strange that the book stores in the US don't have it in stock and that online is the only option for Americans to buy it - that is close to a scandal. After all, music autobiographies are very popular.

2. happytobealive

happytobealive New Member Thread Starter

Statements can be taken however one wishes to take them...that has made some difficult reactions especially to Duane Allman fans. In respect to those fans we would like to say that Bobby loved Duane, he loved their time together. It was he and Eric who tried to persuade Duane to join the band. As far as the price of the book goes...the publisher was responsible for that. We are honored that they value Bobby's story. It seems to be holding up because it is Rated # 1 on kindle, number #21 on the BESTSELLERS List on Amazon, Number #1 Top Rated book in Rock Music, #9 in Arts and Literature and #2 in the best in Music Biographies. It certainly says a lot for Bobby and Marc Roberty. Just Thanks to you all who have been here. To Norm who initially directed us to this site many years ago, and for purchasing Bobby's book.

3. BadJaxx

BadJaxx New Member

hey ya'll...
    new member here after following a link to this thread from another forum...after reading the first 29 pages, and realizing it's gonna take a while to catch up, i thought i'd post...
    many thanks to BW and CC for all their posts and info...
    i'm gonna have to get the book cuz i've seen that BW dishes out a lot of things that i like finding out about and have found lacking in other books...
    my first time on a stage was at a Blues Jam at an Italian restaurant on the southern end of Austin in '96 (i think)...
    i've followed EC's career for going on 40 years now (omg, that made me feel old)...i remember reading the names of the D&D lineup and thinking "who are these guys?"...eventually finding out more about them...but i learned a lot more in this thread...
    i don't know how i missed the youtube video from the Johnny Cash show before, but i have it now...:D
    visual proof of BW's vocals pushing EC's vocals....wow, what a gem...

4. BadJaxx

BadJaxx New Member

ok....Part One finished....

5. BadJaxx

BadJaxx New Member

ok...all caught up...
    but...
    'it's too late, they're gone...'

yeah, i had to do that...:winkgrin:

gonna get the college library to order the book...

a couple observations;

Coco kinda downplayed her talents....pfftt...i was surprised by what i heard...don't recall ever seeing a woman playing sax like that before...

as a guitar player myself, i've appreciated the great slide playing of all those mentioned...but have to say that Derek Trucks is now the best i've heard...Tedeschi/Trucks are a fantastic group...

i'm having an online birthday party tomorrow nite, in a 3d Virtual World...i'll be showing a new music video playlist with BW in D&B, D&TD, and with Coco...

"It's Too Late" from the Johnny Cash show has been going thru my head for days now....

6. BadJaxx

BadJaxx New Member

bought MP3 of "Out of the Blue" from ATMP....WOW! what a fantastic piece of music...
    and a great one to use for a Trivia question tonite...

7. BadJaxx

BadJaxx New Member

well i couldn't wait, so i downloaded Kindle version...
    good thing it's slow here at work, lol...

8. BadJaxx

BadJaxx New Member

well, i've been getting ya'll's names out there...talking to groups of people about a lot of the music you've made and songs written, current activities and the book as well as showcasing some of your music, old and new...
    i've had to get more creative with trivia questions so they don't just shout "Bobby Whitlock" at every question, lol...

9. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

An honor and a privilege. Great being friends with both BW & CoCo.
    Awesome folks. Still trying to get to Austin. Until then a tour would be cool..
    Cheers-
    Norm/t5

BeatlesBop likes this.
  10. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed BW 's book.

11. BadJaxx

BadJaxx New Member

my daughter and son-in-law just moved back to Austin area...
    i'll tell them to go see BW & CoCo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.