"The bottom just dropped out of the market for music catalog"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kwadguy, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

Even if they are not, I'd rather support Local Stores, Employees and Taxes over mega-corporate profiteers Amazon.
    [​IMG]

2. Interesting stuff in this thread with some very pointed comments. As for Amazon's current pricing, they are now in the business of selling on convenience and not value. They are weeding out price-sensitive customers and focusing on customers with more cash than time on their hands. Amazon's rapid expansion has cost a lot of money and prices have to be raised, which they can afford to do since there is so little competition against them in the Internet space. Walmart has realized their brand is ultimately incompatible with Internet sales and has chosen to concede the space to Amazon.

Campbell Saddler likes this.
  3. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Ah, those damn crazy kids screwing it up for every generation to come! ;)

[​IMG]

Campbell Saddler and PhilBiker like this.
  4. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

*cough* Magical Mystery Tour Box Set *cough*

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Not entirely clear whether Amazon or Apple/EMI took a bath on that one. But in either case, I have no qualms about taking their writeoff money! :)

PhilBiker likes this.
  6. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

And the movie is really - really - bad. No wonder the box set sold so poorly. It was worth it for the vinyl re-issue.

7. zen

zen Senior Member

:cool::thumbsup:

8. DDDiscs

DDDiscs Senior Member

According to the best numbers I can find in 1980 there were 788 albums released.

76,875 albums were released (in 2012) and sold at least one copy in the US, according to stats shared by Nielsen Soundscan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.