The Bradys awful theme song lyrics

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Jun 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

I got those awful lyrics stuck in my head

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I saw "Marsha" being interviewed many years later and she said, "I thought we were doing drama". She was seeing the show a bit differently as an adult.

3. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Wow, that's horrible. I can only imagine how bad the show itself was. I vaguely recall it was being done at the time. Luckily for me, I watched virtually no TV at all during this time period. And some lame "Bradys" reboot would have been LAST on my list.

Henderson mostly sounds bad to me because she's singing so HARD. Why is she pushing it like that? Did she always sing that way? Or was she trying to sound more modern? Was her voice aging and that's all she could do? She sounded much better when she had That Certain Wessonality to her voice, for sure. Whatever the reason, it's horrible and you're right--the lyric are even worse. Lame and forced. "That's the way the Brady Bunch became the Bradys"

Whoever wrote those lyrics should be taken out back and shot.

Even a worse fate for whoever thought that adding this to the few episodes they had might help for 'syndication'. Really? This went into syndication? It only ran for six episodes! And OMG....when I went to look up how many episodes it had...apparently there was something called "The Brady Brides" in 1981? With only 10 episodes but the original cast? Proof that "fake Marcia" was not the issue with "The Bradys".

God, I feel sorry for everyone involved who ever felt their best career move was to keep milking the Brady Bunch for every last ounce of breath. I was a pre-teen when that show was on originally and I even then I thought it was kinda lame. I can't imagine any of those kids grew up to be good enough actors to carry a drama.

4. pablo fanques

pablo fanques Somebody's Bad Handwroter In Memoriam

The Brady Brides featured ‘Fake Cindy’ haha

5. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Oh well, that must have been the issue then lol

6. porieux

porieux plook me now you savage rascal

I would pay good money to stop this from happening

MikaelaArsenault and videoman like this.
  7. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

So......you would actively want to stop some Baby Boomers from enjoying something from their childhood with their own money? Really?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Some else one probably owns the rights to The Brady Brand

9. porieux

porieux plook me now you savage rascal

Sorry, didn’t mean to joke about such a serious topic!

MikaelaArsenault and videoman like this.
  10. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Yes, The Sherwood Shwartz estate , I believe still owns the trademark of "The Brady Bunch". But they could certainly get around the issue. They could call themselves "Thats The Way, They Became Marcia, Jan, Cindy, Greg, Peter and Bobby" or something like that.Those are just common names and I dont think there would be a problem there.

They could also cut in The Sherwood Shwartz estate for a full share if they let them use the name "The Brady Bunch". Thats what I'd do.

11. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

This just stopped me from listening to it.

12. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

I wonder if the inspiration for The Bradys was the Brady Bunch episode when Bobby or Peter worked as an actor or was taking serious dramatic acting lessons.

13. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I just wish the "fake" Peter or George Glass showed up on The Bradys. Or heck, even an adult Buddy Hinton to beat up some people.

14. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Every incarnation, post original series, featured a different fake sister.

15. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The Brady Brides had the real Cindy.

16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Fake (very hot) Cindy was in A Very Brady Christmas when Susan Olsen was unavailable.

17. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

I was expecting something deep & meaningful. Rats.

18. buzzzx

buzzzx Forum Resident

I only saw it once, it was the episode where fake Marcia is feeling neglected, becomes an alcoholic, and is fine by the end of the show.

19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

In his (excellent) book "Growing Up Brady: I Was A Teenage Greg", Barry Williams says that one of the big problems with this show is that there were way too many main characters. There were 19 main characters in all if you count everyones' kids and spouses. How is anyone supposed to be able to invest themselves in so many characters? No wonder people tuned out.

20. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Actually, Cindy did not even appear in The Brady Brides. She did appear in The Brady Girls Get Married, a 1981 TV movie which featured a reunion of the entire original cast. The ratings success of that movie led to the creation of the regular series The Brady Brides, but as noted the series only lasted seven episodes. The regular cast of The Brady Brides included Maureen McCormick, Eve Plumb, Florence Henderson and Ann B. Davis, but the rest of the original characters did not even appear on the series, which was basically a variation of The Odd Couple with Jan married to Felix and Marcia married to Oscar and the four of them living together. I imagine confusion arises because the TV movie was broken down into three episodes for the syndication package, but originally it was not part of the series. As noted The Brady Girls Get Married was the only reunion project to feature every member of the original cast.

21. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I suspect the quality of the writing was a bigger factor, as well as a misjudgment of what the audience wanted. I don't think anyone was really looking for the Bradys in serious dramatic situations. Shows with large casts were successful back then (Dallas, Hill Street Blues, etc). Anyway, they didn't have to make everyone a "main character." They could have just focused on the original kids and left their spouses and children as supporting cast.

pablo fanques likes this.
  22. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

So, did Cindy get married in the TV movie or just Marcia and Jan?

23. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Just Jan and Marcia, hence Cindy's non-involvement in the subsequent series.

24. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Too hot? Maybe, but the Brady family had a copy of Exile on Main Street in the rumpus room.

25. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

And Marsha had a copy of a Led Zeppelin album in the Variety Hour show. I'm not sure but I think it was Led Zeppelin II. Mr. Brady voiced his disapproval. I don't know if this is on YouTube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.