The Church - any of the congregation here? (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Remington Steele, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Aura

Aura Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Eleven Women will have a vinyl release?

2. palisantrancho

palisantrancho Forum Resident

I highly doubt it. It barely got a CD release. I believe it's Australia only and not cheap or easy to find in the US.

AlienRendel likes this.
  3. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

I get the impression that Steve is not the least bit interested in formats, he just wants to get the music out there in the easiest way.

The CD was $20 AUS, and the shipping to the UK was going to be another $20 AUS, I have passed on this so far and have made do with the streams on Apple.

palisantrancho and AlienRendel like this.
  4. palisantrancho

palisantrancho Forum Resident

Yes. It's too bad his music doesn't get wider distribution. I would buy everything, if it was locally available. Usually these would be the items I would stock up on at the merchandise table when they tour. Who knows when that will be?

wallpaperman likes this.
  5. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Did anyone pick up the RSD “Gold Afternoon Fox” LP this weekend? Curious about how it sounds.

6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sound is ok, vinyl is rather orange.

Better than the Starfish green vinyl but that is a really low bar.

AlienRendel likes this.
  7. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

So not better sound then the original? What a shame. And orange?!

8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I don't have the original so I cannot offer that comparison. I'm glad to have it as the pressing is respectable.

imsjry and JeffMo like this.
  9. AlienRendel

I'm guessing it is cut from the most recent (squashed) CD remasters.

SJP likes this.
  10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That's a fair guess but the reissue is on the Arista label which might suggest otherwise.

AlienRendel likes this.
  11. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

I ordered it just to compare with my original. I would think if a company were going through this and pressing a limited quantity for a special RSD, that they would have remastered it. Am i just super naïve?

12. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

Yeah, but it's sweet because you're hoping for the best outcome for the listener. I'm sure your original won't be bested.

13. AlienRendel

If that's the case, it should sound pretty good. My OG Arista is nice.

SJP likes this.
  14. Elessar

Elessar Sailor On The Seas of Fate

[To the OP]

Yep. Took a shot at Seance when I saw it in a record store which carried imports, and have never looked back. Still remain fully in love with their 80's incarnation, still haven't found any other bands which do what they did, other than perhaps Ride.

D.B. likes this.
  15. Aura

Aura Forum Resident

I picked up my orange vinyl copy yesterday along with 14 other LP's, so it might be a while until I give it a spin and comparison to my original promo copy of GAF, which I've had since Jan. 1990. It sounds pretty good being an early stamper, but the production on most of GAF never sounded very good due to the robotic drum machine feel on many tracks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    SJP likes this.
  16. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

So, sadly, it seems that Starfish is the only reissue Intervention is willing to touch. I just wish we could have proper lp reissues of Seance, Heyday and Priest.

17. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

Wonder when we’ll get a new church album? They were working on it after peter left.

18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Hopefully next year.

I was very surprised to see on FB that Steve is doing an album launch gig in Sydney for Eleven Women. I guess the pandemic is better down under???

19. wallpaperman

He’s been doing a number of shows in last month or two. Limited capacity i’m sure though.

20. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I’m sure he probably needs the income. This pandemic is devastating for musicians who aren’t at U2 level.

I downloaded Eleven Women off iTunes but have only casually listened to it so far. Need to give it a dedicated listen still.

AlienRendel and wallpaperman like this.
  21. Record Rotator

Record Rotator A vintage/retro-loving sentimental fool

22. wallpaperman

Absolutely difficult times, but the man is working hard.

I think he’s done OK from the hour long Instagram shows (can find them on YouTube) he has done almost every week since about March. He welcomes donations and said that Eleven Women would not have happened without the donations. I’ve donated a few times, need to do another one.

I really like Eleven Women, was quite familiar with the songs has he had played them a lot during the IG shows. I’d buy the CD of it, but the postage from Australia doubles the cost so have held off just now.

D.B., factory44 and JeffMo like this.
  23. Record Rotator

If you haven't purchased/listened to the Steve Kilbey/Gareth Koch collaboration album Chryse Planitia yet, you need to:

D.B. likes this.
  24. Record Rotator

How about buying it from Amazon.uk? I have no idea how expensive that may be when ordering from the U.S.!?

Eleven Women.

25. Aura

Aura Forum Resident

Does anyone know if there's an online source to purchase the Kilbey / Koch titles, or Eleven Women in FLAC? It seems the cd's have very poor distribution, and I typically listen to vinyl 99% of the time, unless the title is only cd / digital. For reference, my 6,000+ cd collection is all ripped to FLAC, and only a tiny percentage of that ever gets a listen these days.