The Claypool Lennon Delirium: South of Reality- out February 22 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KaptKopter, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complier

Complier Senior Member

Claypool/Lennon live interview

2. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I called my local record shop and awaiting for a phone call when this album is in. It could be tomorrow or next week. I am stoked for this release. I think Les and Sean might have some chemistry that needs to keep going. Amazing in music when the chemistry is just right something amazing is caught on tape and witnessed live in concert.
    Will report back once I get a chance to listen to South of Reality in its entirety.

richierichie, scotti and KaptKopter like this.
  3. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Just listened to this. Wow! That's all I can say. This is the least boring thing to come out in years.

4. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Forgot this was coming out, have not heard anything from it but have their first release. Got the Pink/Purple Split vinyl from my local shop for only $24.99, was their only copy and they told me that both their suppliers are already sold out of this vinyl version for now. Hope this is a good one, took a chance buying it unheard, but I was afraid I would miss out on this version...will give my view after a good listen...this sounds like a great album to hang out with "Bob Marley" before I put it on...

5. Lownote30

I liked the first album a lot, but I like the new one even more. They sound more comfortable in their writing and playing.

KaptKopter, The Revealer and scotti like this.
  6. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

I'm just giving it a second spin. Absolutely phenomenal release. This is an automatic must buy for all fans of 1967 psychodelia, Barret era Pink Floyd and swinging London vibe.

AMAZING RECORD !!!

btltez, ConnieGuitar, jimhb and 4 others like this.
  7. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Do you have the vinyl (second spin) if so hows the sound?

8. Lownote30

There are definitely a few songs that are straight up 1967 Pink Floyd on this one. Super psychedelic, man!

9. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

So glad I pulled the trigger on the Splatter vinyl online even if it won't arrive until Wednesday. I love these reviews I'm reading in this thread already!:wiggle:

KaptKopter likes this.
  10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I believe that signed copies of their previous CD were offered through their official website. Is there a similar offer this time?

KaptKopter likes this.
  11. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Got my pink 2xLP today and it sounds great! Sean's voice sounds like a cross between his dad and George Harrison's.
    The music, superb '60's Psychedelia.

Don't ask for DR ratings, I don't have time for that nonsense when I'm enjoying the music.

If you like The Beatles, Pink Floyd (67-70) & Psychedelia get this, you won't be disappointed!

12. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Arrived today! I preordered from amazon.ca for 20 Canadian which is like 15 US. I'm surprised it was so cheap. I wasn't sure if it would be the pink purple splatter or what but sure enough it is. Haven't had a chance to listen but based on what I've already heard and what is being said here I'm sure the rest is pretty great too.

KaptKopter likes this.
  13. My splatter Order arrived last Saturday.

KaptKopter likes this.
  14. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Listened to the vinyl last night. When I picked up my copy yesterday, I told the owner to look at the way they split this album in to 4 sides, this might help the sound. At first I wondered if this was 45 not 33, of course 33 though and the sound benefits big time from this! Much better than I expected, not audiophile mind you, but damn this sounds good on vinyl. Very flat with some minor surface noise here and there but not bad at all.

Was the first I heard a note from this. Absolutely blows the first album a way (which I like). This music is just a blast to listen to. So many cool sounds coming at you from all directions and filled with awesome psychedelic hooks throughout. Repeated listens should be a fun ride and while I'm not a fan of headphones, I bet this baby would mess your mind up listening on a good pair. Wow, is this not Highly Recommended!

ConnieGuitar and KaptKopter like this.
  15. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Your thoughts?

16. weirdoc

weirdoc Forum Resident

ah cool, totaly forgot about the release date... going by the comments I've heard so far, I assume it's a "safe buy" for me - even unheard.
    Anyone knows if there are two versions (pink/black) on vinyl? Some sellers list it as "standard version" but all are showing the pink vinyl in the pictures...

17. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Discogs lists the different vinyl versions...do not see a standard black yet though...a safe buy, no, this is a must buy, if you liked the first one, wait until you hear this! Amazing sounding album! The music is layered so deep, repeated listens will just get better and better!

Thanks to KaptKopter for starting this thread!

KaptKopter and weirdoc like this.
  18. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

The standard pink vinyl is silent.

Great album. Sean has such a distinctive writing style you can tell straight away which tracks are his

KaptKopter and scotti like this.
  19. weirdoc

weirdoc Forum Resident

thanks @scotti . I checked on discogs - unfortunately this submission isn't very detailed yet, but it looks like there could actually be a black EU version:
    The Claypool Lennon Delirium - South of Reality
    On closer examination of the hype sticker it is missing the mention of pink vinyl. Damn, the sellers who clearly call it "pink" are out of stock already :cry:
    Anyone here has a black one yet?
    Yes, I already loved the first album and just judging by the praise the new one gets, I agree it's a "must buy" for sure :righton:- now off to find a "pink" edition...

EDIT: maybe just a sloppy duplicate submission on discogs - looking again at the blurry picture, I think it's the same hype-sticker as on the pink one. Anyone knows for sure?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    scotti likes this.
  20. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Still no contact by my local record shop that their copies of South of Reality are in yet. All of these great comments about this record are making the wait so much harder. I listened to Monolith of Phobos yesterday in anticipation of the new album.
    Keep the comments coming in regards to vinyl pressing qualities.

KaptKopter, weirdoc and scotti like this.
  21. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

No cutting info on the vinyl.

The lp is great and my pressing is very nice. I was bummed when it arrived with split seams from amazon. I was going to return it, but the replacement would take two months to arrive. So, they gave me $10 off.

KaptKopter, scotti and Echoes Myron like this.
  22. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Zero surface noise on my split color copy.

23. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Very nice, cleaned mine again and all but gone...nice pressing!

24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

The vinyl is now on backorder. They must have sold the first pressing already.

25. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Wow just did my first spin best stuff I've heard in ages. Fantastic music. Blew my mind it's so good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.