The Cleaning Lady (new TV program)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John B Good, Jan 11, 2022.

1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Anyone watching this? Innocent illegal gets sucked into working for a crime gang, and then the FBI wants to turn her into an informer. Gritty, and interesting about the underground economy of low wage exploited workers.

2. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

It sounds like an interesting concept but I have not seen it yet.

I was intrigued to see Jay Mohr listed as a cast member.

3. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Ah, that's who it was! Thought he looked familiar but would not have guessed.

The usual silly coincidences and series extending bungling, but it's a fun watch. The lead and her sister-in-law carry the show.

eddiel, John B Good and tonyc like this.
  4. bangkok19

bangkok19 I drank to your health, but ruined mine!

I just watched about 7 episodes in a row on flight from Sydney to Bangkok.
    I had to turn off just as the lead got arrested at the border crossing with the FBI guy.
    Dunno how many more episodes there are, I'll try and watch the rest on the flight back to Sydney.

I remember the full length movie "The Cleaner" with Samuel L Jackson....
    Similar thing, he cleaned up murder scenes. Unfortunately I only saw half of that movie.

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Track down the Argentinian original La Chica que Limpia. It's much better as a mini series.

I'm behind a couple of episodes with S2. I enjoyed S1 but getting kind of bored with S2. To me, this isn't really a story that goes on for series after series as there's really not much to tell after a certain point beyond one shoe horned dramatic scenario after another, largely used to extend the shelf life of the series.