Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

The Comedy Store series on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DaleClark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just completed all 5 episodes and I must say the series is excellent. A few random thoughts:

1. Leno and Letterman seemed like they did not want to be there. Especially Leno who seemed a bit bored. Letterman actually seemed a bit agitated

2. It was great seeing guys who I saw on various tv talk shows when I was a kid like Tom Dreesen. Plus, it was nice seeing Jimmy Walker

3. Surprised there was no mention of Norm Macdonald, however, I believe Norm and Jerry Seinfeld were both more "Improve" guys when they were on the west coast vs the Comedy Store. Plus, Jerry has told the story, in the past, that Mitzi Shore never really liked his stand up act.

All in all a very good series. Since this series has "season one" in the title, I hope there's another season.

jlocke08 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  2. DaleClark

3. DaleClark

I read a couple of interviews with Mike Binder and he said it's obvious Dave and Jay still hold grudges toward him from the 1979 comedy store strike.