The Complete Elvis Presley Masters - Sony

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MEMPHISSUN, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

My guess is $2000.

2. MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN Forum Resident Thread Starter

Limited Edition First Run of Only 1000 Numbered Units
    PRE-ORDER ▶

£629.18 GBP ($894.86 `USD) +shipping
    GB United Kingdom ▼
    The Complete Elvis Presley Masters

* ALL of Elvis' originally released master recordings plus rarities
    * Over 35 hours of music — over 800 tracks
    * 240–page exclusive hardcover book

* Home
    * The Music
    * The Book
    * Gallery

The Ultimate Tribute

The definitive collection of Elvis Presley’s complete master recordings

This is the definitive collection: all 711 master recordings as released during Elvis’ lifetime, mastered from the original analog master tapes where available. Each recording has been carefully restored to achieve the best sound reproduction ever without compromising the audio quality of the original master. The collection also contains 103 additional rare recordings and a 240-page hardbound book featuring an annotated discography, original album artwork, rare and classic photos, a complete song index and an essay by Peter Guralnick. Housed in a beautiful, limited edition display case, THE COMPLETE ELVIS PRESLEY MASTERS is an indispensable piece of music history and the one collection no true connoisseur should be without.

This unique deluxe package is manufactured in the U.S.A.
    Limited Edition First Run of only 1000 Numbered Units*

http://www.completeelvis.com/pages/5565692/

Attached Files:

3. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

they are taking orders already?

4. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Too rich for me. I hope there'll be another, non-limited run at a considerably lower price :)

5. Espen R

Espen R Senior Member

Shaking my head in disbelief...:shake:
    What the world not need is another Elivis compilation on CD.

6. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

It's his complete works, which makes it different from other sets.

Dyland likes this.
  7. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Just wondering how much this set is going to fetch on eBay once it's sold out...

8. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

"Mama" and "Let's Forget About The Stars" are missing. Not the greatest songs, but still...

9. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

More info: In the U.S., the set will go for $749.00 (plus Tax and S&H).

THE MUSIC

THE COMPLETE ELVIS PRESLEY MASTERS is a triumph of musicology: 711 masters in the order in which they were recorded. Every song Elvis recorded for release during his lifetime in a single unique collection, mastered from the original analog master tapes where available using 24-bit technology for greater sonic resolution and dynamics. Also included are 103 rarities: additional masters, alternate takes, session outtakes, demos, rehearsals, live performances and radio recordings. Over 35 hours of music. This is the definitive collection – a magnificent audio chronicle of the inspiration, pain and genius that make Elvis the world’s most enduring musical and cultural icon.

THE BOOK

THE COMPLETE ELVIS PRESLEY MASTERS is accompanied by a silk-screened, silver-gilded hardcover book printed on archival paper and produced exclusively for this collection. This meticulously researched, lavishly illustrated 240-page book is, without question, the ultimate reference to the music of Elvis Presley. Inside you'll find the most comprehensive discography of Elvis' music ever produced, including artwork and information on each single, EP and album released during the artist's lifetime, release dates, chart positions and catalog numbers. Also included is a complete chronological song index which lists each track with recording date, studio and musician information. Rare and classic photographs, a foreword by producer Ernst Mikael Jørgensen and an essay by acclaimed Presley biographer Peter Guralnick bring valuable historical context to the collection.

10. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

So much for "complete". Were these songs deliberately omitted and if so, why, or is it just an error as far as you know?

11. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

I bought the "Complete Elvis Masters" set from Franklin Mint and used Ernst Jorgensen's book to put the entire collection in order. I also added stuff that was missing (in other words -- tracks that were released AFTER Elvis's demise) from other collections and FTD stuff. Thus, I now have a complete end-to-end collection on CD, in chronological session order, of ALL of Elvis's masters on 44 70 minute CD's from the best sources available.

Thus, I'm skipping the Sony set.

Please note that neither the Franklin Mint set, nor the upcoming Sony set will contain tracks that were initially released after Elvis's passing (unless the Sony set will include them as the bonus tracks).

12. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

"Considerably lower"? It is still 30-discs, you know.

Is "My Happiness" in there?

13. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

It is.. First song of the 30th CD :D

You can see the track listing of every CD when clicking the CD image at the following URL:

http://www.completeelvis.com/pages/5565692/music

One more thing.. I clicked the Pre-Order button and according to the shopping cart, the set will ship on or before October 19, 2010.

14. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

$10-$12 per disc would be a very nice price for a non-limited run, and the total would indeed be considerably lower than what they're asking for the limited edition. Even $15 per disc would result in a much lower total.

15. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Good point. Makes sense.

16. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

No WAY will I spend $749 on this set. I will wait for a cheaper edition, if one comes, or go for the Franklin Mint set.

17. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

I'm guessing stereo masters instead of (applicable) mono masters for the singles?

18. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Funny how the book bigs up that contains original release artwork. I know it's good for historical purposes but it's ironic that the artwork of most of Elvis' original releases is so terrible and cheap I'm sure it has a little to do with his proper catalog being so misunderstood and obscure to the general public.

I try to forget original artwork as much as possible when thinking about Elvis and his glorious work!

19. Ultimix

Ultimix Forum Resident

You got that right..!!

20. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Perhaps one with trays for the discs? ;)

I hope they are prepared for the return of a few scuffed discs.

21. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

well if its the same mastering as the Franklin Mint, then, stereo where available.

I'm sure after this 1000 piece edition sells out, they'll put this out around $300...thats my guess...we should do a poll on that.

clearly the "first run" comment means they'll be a regular edition. this should sell out upon release date so i'm sure this is designed to be either a christmas item or else put out on his birthday in january.

makes sense they are appealing to the mega collector first, then the completist music collectors second...

22. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

"Mama" is disc 8, but "Let's Forget About The Stars" is definately missing. The correct version was finally released on the Franklin Mint set. On the bright side, "Dominic" is there...

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

:agree: People who just want the music will have to be a bit more patient. If it sounds similiar to the recent box set it will be worth the wait.

24. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Whoa, it comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. :goodie:

Looks sweet but $749 is about twice as much as I care to spend for a package that contains far too many horrible movie songs.

25. $749 + $15 shipping + $75 tax (assuiming 10%) = $839. Way too much for my tastes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.