“The Conners” to premiere October 16th 2018 on ABC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jul 24, 2018.

1. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Right?! That was always hilarious.

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

.....and, Roseanne's back, on Joe's podcast!

3. AKA

AKA You guessed it… Frank Stallone. Thread Starter

And she still can’t accept responsibility for her show getting canceled; once again she claims it was because of her politics — which were well known when the reboot was greenlit.

MikaelaArsenault and NaturalD like this.
  4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I thought, is she supposed to be that old neighbour? But Dan and Darlene didn't seem to recognize her. When they've revived various other minor characters from the original show, I'm surprised they cast her as someone new.

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

She didnt really do anything worth losing her show.........

6. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Not promoting an argument, but she was wanted by everyone she worked with to stop the tweeting, CEO of Disney(owns ABC) warned her weeks before the firing about the tweeting and she kept tweeting things that weren’t political but were very troubling and believe me I’m far from PC. She brought it on herself

7. NaturalD

NaturalD Forum Resident

The people whose financing and reputations were connected with the show felt differently and didn't want to be associated with Barr's public racist statements.

AKA and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I think the reason they cast her as someone new is that her previous character only really had much interaction with Roseanne, so it was easier to just give her a new character.

Plus Kathy and her husband had moved away from Lanford so there's little reason for her character to be back in town.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Cerebus

Cerebus Forum Resident

The show is better without her, IMHO.

AKA likes this.