"The Critic" DVD set

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by reechie, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

Not sure if this one's slipped through the cracks, but I spent my day off yesterday enjoying the box set DVD's of The Critic animated TV show. Only got through the first season (the ABC year), and some of my favorite episodes are still to come during season 2 (the Fox year). Some of the best voice talent in animation did work on this series, most notably the incredible Maurice LaMarche.

Some surprising cameos as well. Folks like Rod Steiger, Milton Berle, Geraldo Rivera, as well as most every real-life movie critic did their own voices when featured on the show. A much funnier, much more well done show than it's been given credit for.

I had to do some leg work to track down a copy locally, as the Best Buy chain seems to have chosen not to stock this title. I tried four locations in two states...each claimed they had six copies shipped to them, and had sold them all out. A bit too much of a coincidence.

Seems to me they're either feeding me a line of bull, or that's all the whole chain sold last week!
    :rolleyes: :realmad:

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I can't believe that this came out and I didn't hear a single thing about it until now! :eek: Thanks for posting. I'll try and track one down this week. I loved this show! :thumbsup:

Dan C

3. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Interesting about best Buy...I looked for THE CRITIC at a locall BB on Sunday and no dice. Still looking...what a great show!!

5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Target has it, for $39.99 I think.

6. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Costco has it for $32.99. Just picked up a copy tonight.

7. Mattb

Mattb Senior Member

Good site for TV shows on DVD:

TV Shows on DVD

8. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I bought it earlier this week at Target, the show is still very funny after all these years.
    Some shows have commentary with actors and the creators (with no happy feelings for ABC-TV!), and the 3rd disc has a small "making of" along with all of the web-only shorts from 2000 and 2001.
    Never noticed that the design of Jay "softened" a quite a bit by the second season.
    Dan C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.