The Cure's "Wish" finally get the deluxe edition treatment. Track listing on page 20!*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by modrevolve, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

In my experience.
    Your mileage may vary.

ATAAS.
    (All these acronyms are silly)

Shtroodle and Whistle like this.
  2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Did anyone besides @jamesc participate in Tim's Listening Session last night with Robert?

I need to check out the archive today!

3. Bottjer713

Bottjer713 Forum Resident

Don't mean to derail this thread, but has there been any recent news concerning the release of the new Cure album? Happy to have the Wish deluxe edition, but really interested in the new album.

miller_time22 likes this.
  4. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

IT'S READY. 240 SONGS. COMING SOON. REALLY FINISHED. REALLY.

5. Bottjer713

Bottjer713 Forum Resident

Haha message received - it is never coming out. Sigh.

Music Geek likes this.
  6. dagobah

dagobah Forum Resident

At a different forum, someone posted this potential tracklist for the new album. I don't know how accurate it is but it appears the info came from the Chain Of Flowers website:
    1. Alone
    2. Vanishingsong
    3. And Nothing Is Forever
    4. A Fragile Thing
    5. I Can Never Say Goodbye
    6. Feather And The Waves
    7. Moonsong
    8. Another / Happy/ Birthday
    9. No Care
    10. Endsong

youngchoulin, milkshock and Pop_Zeus like this.
  7. Suggy Bop Bop

Suggy Bop Bop Your advert could be here.

As I posted in the Live From The Moon thread, Roger has confirmed the album isn't even finished:

https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...54696802306?s=20&t=sSEjCwgEio2T0ZAuNgJWVg

Any claims about tracklistings is total BS.

Craig at COF knows nothing other than the scraps Roger throws to him, and it is just days since he confirmed it isn't finished.

COF is a total waste of time these days, all he does is retweet Robert, Roger, and The Cure accounts, and act as the Chvrches US Fan Club. Just visit the first three Twitters, they cover everything newswise or post worthy well before COF retweets them.

Lars Medley and jalexander like this.
  8. Suggy Bop Bop

New album thread: The Cure - Live From The Moon (TBC)

Lars Medley and Rooster_Ties like this.
  9. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Sorry to hear this. In the 90s, I learned so much from CoF!

10. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Craig had a very famous falling out with Robert around new millennium.

The Tim Twitter Listening party was excellent and Robert shared more tweets and info than most artists that participate. Highly recommended for fans of Wish!

jalexander, jamesc and Suggy Bop Bop like this.
  11. jalexander

Just read through the archive - what a wonderful chat with Robert. Can you imagine going to some pub in Cornwall and Robert Smith rolls up on a bicycle? :laugh:

12. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Would have been priceless to see him riding back, after the pub!

c-eling, JeffMo, Beechlander and 4 others like this.
  13. Suggy Bop Bop

That was why he got his hair cut short around then (as per the High video) as apparently he kept snagging his hair while riding under canal bridges!

14. jalexander

I forgot he cut his hair short then… always associate that with 1986. And I always think he looks quite good with short hair.

Returning to the Tweetfest, did anyone else notice when he described the recording process, he made no mention of Perry?

Pop_Zeus and CaptainFeedback1 like this.
  15. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I did, was great fun, Robert seemed to engage fully with it, sharing some of his writing and studio experiences and talking about where some of the lyrics came from.

Tim B was loving it also, declaring it a listening party hall of fame candidate.

I would assume the replay is available to follow now.

jalexander and JeffMo like this.
  16. Pop_Zeus

Pop_Zeus Forum Resident

Me too. Anyone else given up on getting In Orange on DVD before they die?

17. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Yes he did.

"ME AND SIMON AND PERRY (AND OF COURSE DAVE AND STEVE) WERE THERE FOR THE DURATION… BORIS AND PORL WOULD FREQUENTLY TAKE TIME AWAY… WE DEMO’D EVERYTHING AS A BAND, BUT WE RECORDED THIS WISH ALBUM IN DIFFERENT WAYS

USUALLY BORIS AND SIMON AND ME WOULD PUT DOWN A BACKING TRACK - ONCE WE WERE HAPY WITH A TAKE (THIS WAS RECORDED TO TAPE REMEMBER - NO CUTTING AND PASTING BACK THEN!) ME AND SIMON AND PERRY WOULD OVERDUB ‘OTHER BITS’"

18. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

Still have my VHS :laugh: But the audio quality on that thang sure aint the best...

Pop_Zeus likes this.
  19. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

So no one has actually listened to the anniversary edition?

Pop_Zeus likes this.
  20. TongueDruid

@houseofglass83 and I wrote a couple of posts a page ago, comparing it to the original master.

Pop_Zeus likes this.
  21. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

And you didn’t notice the mixing differences?

22. TongueDruid

Only spent 15 minutes m'self, A/B'ing different sections of a few songs flipping back & forth to hear how the masters differed. Which tunes were remixed?

23. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Other than the "glitch" sound removed from High at around 2:35, what else?

24. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Would love to have a beer with him and talk about the songs and albums!

jalexander and c-eling like this.
  25. Suggy Bop Bop

As @vertigone said, but in all honesty I wonder how much Perry is on the album.

In the Greatest Hits credits, Perry is credited for Friday I'm In Love as playing keyboards. What keyboards? There's an acoustic, the Fender Bass VI lead riff, and an electric. All spaced out on the Strangelove mix and clear to hear each part in turn. There are no keyboards whatsoever on that song, other than possibly the trumpet type sound towards the end. Was THAT Perry's keyboard?

I think he was an integral member of The Cure, and that remains for me THE classic line-up, but more in terms of him being a lovely man who fit right in with the band, and I think he worked really well with them live at that time. I don't think he ever did much in the studio.

Robert said with Bloodflowers he basically deleted almost all of Perry's guitar parts and re-recorded them himself so they would be as Cure as possible. Roger was asked in the last week or so on Twitter about his own influence on the new album, and he replied and said he basically hasn't had any influence on it whatsoever. It really truely is Robert's plaything.

When I was young around Wish, I probably convinced myself that the band all wrote their own parts to fit existing demos, and all played loads of stuff on the records, and looking back now it is clear that almost all of the guitars on every Cure record ever are Robert.

Look at the rest of Wish...

Open has Porl hitting some muted strings the whole way through, he doesn't play ANYTHING on FTEOTDGS, plays acoustic chords on A Letter To Elise, adds a bit of feedback to Cut and End. And that is guitar god Porl, so now imagine how little Perry got to play.

To his credit he did apparently write the demo for Trust.