"The Curse Of Oak Island" on The History Channel

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Jan 20, 2014.

1. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

More likely that the show brought the Masons into the episodes. The History channel has quite a few shows about Masons and conspiracies.

Trapper J and xdawg like this.
  2. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

It was carried there by African swallows.

3. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Are you sure it isn't already one of those direct to DVD Scooby-Doo movies?

Hawklord likes this.
  4. If they ever actually find anything you'll hear about it on the news long before it shows up on this show.

5. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

Even if no treasure per se is found its still interesting; man made materials and other anomalies being found that far under the surface.

Wondering likes this.
  6. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

There's definitely an artifact believed to be the Ark being protected in Axum, Ethipoia.

7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I read about Oak when I was a kid; it was interesting speculation.

This show makes no serious attempt to prove or disprove anything or there would be no show.

xdawg likes this.
  8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

S03 starts 10 November

xdawg and Holy Diver like this.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I will be watching. It's better than the Kardashians. :righton:

Chris DeVoe, xdawg and Scope J like this.
  10. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

They might not ever find anything substantial, but the hunt itself if quite entertaining to me.

Scope J and Trapper J like this.
  11. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

[​IMG]

12. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

My family is from the east coast, my grandfather use to sail on a schooner from Newfoundland to Labrador for months at a time, started when he was 12 on his father's boat... Fishing. I've heard stories my whole life about ports, dealing with merchants, natives in Labrador at some of the ports... Given a flag to fly during ww2, My great grandfather was near by when a German U-boat sank a convoy vessel, my great grandfather picked up sailors in the water, and was told to sail to St Johns with the men,. He was pretty nervous that night sailing, my grandfather told me.

No tales of gold, but what I've heard would make me believe that there's a damn good chance that there's treasure in the east coast. I've heard of Spanish gold being found on some Shores. I've read old reports from archives of people raiding villages in the night.

It's a cold rock. A cold coast. But lots of ships sailed the area. We'd be stupid, I think, to dismiss any talk of treasure.

Hawkman and xdawg like this.
  13. xdawg

That's cool info Josh! :edthumbs:

Trapper J likes this.
  14. Wayne Elkins

Wayne Elkins New Member

I've been following this show from the beginning and I've never heard one theory discussed or, for that matter, even mentioned...

The thought came to me that ONE THING is possible; it COULD BE a beacon much like the obelisk in "2001". Imagine an alien race who wants to know when humanity has evolved enough to solve the enigma and reach the prize.

It's a bit far-fetched but certainly no more unbelievable than people constructing such an elaborate labyrinth some five or six hundred years ago.

Whatever is at the bottom of the puzzle, someone went to extremely elaborate pains to see that anyone who reached it was mentally A

15. xdawg

Tonight's episode was interesting. There seems to be something of substance at the bottom of 10X, but I have a hard time believing there is a real body down there. Regardless, this show is a fun ride, IMO.

16. The Wanderer

I first read about Oak Island when I was a kid and found it fascinating.

The experts have decided it's all coincidence and simply a natural phenomena.

I do know that they no longer know the actual location of the 'money pit' thanks to all the expeditions to locate the prize.

Took an awful lot of coincidences: the lights on an unpopulated island, the tree with tackle, the sunken circle beneath, the barriers every 10 feet to at least a depth of 90 feet with materials foreign to the Island, until the tunnel flooded with three flood tunnels identified - sure, all coincidence?

Whether we'll ever know unclear, but lives lost, money spent in the quest.

I wish the TV show dispensed with the endless reality-like cliffhangers.

Our planet has too many ancient curious mysteries for them all to be just the skill of unskilled natives with essentially no tools, no machines, no measuring devoces producing a measure of perfection we'd have difficulty replicating.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Well at least Geraldo Rivera is not the Host, there was some dust found in AL Capone's Lexington Hotel Vault!

seed_drill and neo123 like this.
  18. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I don't know if they're going to find anything of substance or not. But it's a fascinating watch. And I'm rooting for them. The romantic idea of a found treasure is awesome

xdawg likes this.
  19. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I became familiar with Oak Island and the treasure back in the early 70's. There is something buried there. It may have moved due to all of the channels and safeguards that were in place. But here we are 50 years later with technology which we did not have back in the 60's or even the 70's. Sooner of later we will discover and uncover the treasure. In the meantime it's fun to speculate on what other mysteries they will uncover.

xdawg likes this.
  20. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

About as interesting as the Search for Hitler:cheers:

21. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

The tackle on the tree and wooden platforms have never been proven, it's all legend from long ago.

22. MaltairX

MaltairX Well-Known Member

I don't have the History CH. but no about the mystery. Very interesting. I think there was also an old "In Search Of" episode with Leonard Nimoy about it. Several other videos out there on youtube.
    The real treasure of course is the amount of money spent looking for the treasure so far.

905 likes this.
  23. Wondering

Wondering Well-Known Member

Wow, this fascinates me!
    I feel that maybe some are simply only wanting some final answer. Perhaps the fun of the ride, or the thrill of a mystery is something that some simply are not able to enjoy or have fascinate them.
    To me, a mystery is fun!
    Heck, If I found out there was some buried treasure, that would be a let down.
    The fun is in the mystery!

xdawg likes this.
  24. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

They've said Oak Island is the only island in the area with Oak trees on it. Also, what's with the coconut fibers everywhere? The entire swamp part of the island is lined with it.

xdawg likes this.
  25. The Wanderer

Were it the grand plan to hide and protect something of infinite value, left-behind tackle on a tree, depression in the ground beneath, most unlikely.

numer9 likes this.