The Devil in the White City (Scorcese and Di Caprio) sadly going to Hulu

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

Very true. Many people predicted this when there was a call for "unbundling" of cable channels way back when, ignoring how the more expensive channels subsidized the less popular ones.

I don't have cable Tv so I use Hulu to catch up on the handful of network shows I still follow.

Who knows if Hulu will really survive the Fox/Disney merger anyway.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  2. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe Forum Resident Thread Starter

I can understand that view, but reading it made me want to see this world. 28 million people came to see that fair - nearly a quarter of the population of the country at the time.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Chris DeVoe

My problem is that a quarter of my cable bill went to ESPN which I never watched.

Exit Flagger likes this.
  4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

pretty much fed up with all different channels out there today, and all competing with one another for movies, etc.

'spotlight" just came on showtime and 'manchester by the sea" still hasn't made it to spectrum (which offers HBO, cinemax, starz, showtime and TMC)

this is on amazon prime that is on hulu, this is on netflix, and on and on and on.

i have found myself reaching the point where i could give a ****. if its not on cable i won;t see it, and i don;t care anymore.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

If I enjoyed the book I love seeing the book come to life! sometimes good sometimes bad

6. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

My mother often told me stories about going to the "White City Amusement Park" that was built in 1905 after the Columbian exposition. This was just an amusement park, but had some references back to White City, with its tall Electrical Tower and the pond for Chute the Chutes. It closed during the Great Depression and never reopened.
    [​IMG]

History repeats itself, I guess because I tell my kids about going to Riverview in the early 1960's and riding the parachutes and the Shoot the Chutes ride, and that the park closed after 1966. And my children will likely tell their children about going to Six Flags in Gurnee.

[​IMG]

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that's why I buy BD! even if it's not available immediately it usually will show up eventually...there's always something else to watch in the interim...

8. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

ExpoMagic of the White City (2005)

Narrated by Gene Wilder

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  9. GodShifter

GodShifter Negative Creep®

Extremely disappointed this is going to Hulu. I don’t particularly care of the channel or the majority of its content. I had hoped for a theatrical release for this.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. Chris DeVoe

If you're in a huge city, there might be a token theatrical showing.

GodShifter likes this.
  11. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I will watch it some how.

Chris DeVoe likes this.