The Doors Live at Isle of Wight 1970, to be released in 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spyder52, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

The massive overdubbing on "Alive She Cried" was done circa 1983. The same tracks were included on "In Concert." It will be interesting to hear how much sweetening was done to the Isle of Wight tracks.

AlienRendel and Boswell like this.
  2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

They were overdubbed for the original Alive She Cried album.

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Didn't they use Doors BOT clip in 2001?

4. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

I have a boot of the show,and i tell you they sounded A LOT better than they looked on camera.

5. PacificOceanBlue

Newly discovered master tapes? Hmmm. They did release Break On Through in 1997 on the notorious Doors Box Set with an alleged fresh guitar overdub from Robby.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

The BOT from IOW in the R evolution set looked quite good.

7. lovemygirl

lovemygirl Forum Resident

...this release is just what BMR/BMA needs to jump start it's engine...get ready to. Roll baby roll...:D ...

8. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

Typical meaningless marketing hyperbole that the Doors management are experts at.

Jose Jones likes this.
  9. PacificOceanBlue

Considering BMR/BMA is now simply a Doors' associated moniker often used for mainstream product; it doesn't exactly suggest the band's collector's label is suddenly getting a "jump start." The Isle of Wight release is going to be as mainstream as a Doors' release can be.

zrong, Buda, lovemygirl and 2 others like this.
  10. lovemygirl

...yes, mainstream no dought about it!
    ...a well worked on project, years in the making, producers ,contract etc. ...i think every Doors fans is gonna walk away with e isle of weight concert either grabbing their ticket stubs, or thrw'n it a old milk cartoon crate ...this performance is quit emotional for all Doors fans alike...

masswriter likes this.
  11. PacificOceanBlue

It is unclear what exactly you mean with "ticket stubs" and "milk cartoon crates." The release is certainly long overdue. Nice to finally see the band's Isle of Wight show get a commercial release, but it is a middle-of-the-road 1970 concert and will probably not go to go down as a great release.

lovemygirl likes this.
  12. SoundAdvice

Imagine how emotional fans would be to hear New Orleans!!! No dought about it!!

tedg65, Lhystrix and lovemygirl like this.
  13. lovemygirl

...is their an echo in here/hear :shh:...u stated your opinion a few post back and I get you. But it's like the difference between lying and ********ting! There's a big difference. Listen I'll give you this alright, if you don't **** a brick within say six months, 'see a doctor' ... :)

14. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Trying to think how they'll screw this up.

Dudley Morris and Dark Horse 77 like this.
  15. lovemygirl

..."grabbing the ticket stubs!" ... I mean the experience , the gathering of a large group of people willing to be open minded, a sense of will power & freedom of expression ! I think thats what attracted me to the Doors and the music and poetry carefully woven together like theatre' .... milk crates lol, well where I grew up milk came by truck & ice and sometime meat. The vegetables where and still are the best :)

16. lovemygirl

...again I'm sorry I'm going thru another round of medical procedures ...:)

17. lovemygirl

...the The Doors Performance At the Isle of Weight is going to make a Doors fan 'smile smile smile ' as an old Grateful Dead head would say.
    ...consider the conditions of both the band, management , recording label, art department and such and I won't go no further than "that we are in for a special treat"!

18. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

@lovemygirl,

we will be convinced if some nice extras, maybe some unreleased audio/video apart from the usual selfindulgent comments from ray are included.

tedg65, lovemygirl and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. lovemygirl

...yes , I totally believe it would for some fans...
    ...I would love this show to be made available to the masses / public ...maybe one day we all will ... :shh:

20. lovemygirl

...your guaranteed new audio and video my friend. The complete filmed performance doesn't circulate outside of a few insiders and the performance recorded on multi track with botnicks magic is also not circulated ...;)

Pats Radio and Mark Wilson like this.
  21. SoundAdvice

Maybe OGWT 72 or Cavett 72 as bonus clips. I believe the Cavett has never circulated with Doors traders and Dick should still have the master.

lovemygirl likes this.
  22. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

At the Isle of Wight Festival, I hear a band that is burnt out and in need of an extended break from the road. I guess you could call their performance business like, but they were capable of so much more, IMO.

Now, with that said, I will absolutely buy the Blu-ray day 1! Pro-shot/multi-tracked Doors shows don't grow on trees. I'll be happy to add this to my collection.

I'm also interested in how successful they were restoring the footage, due to the poor stage lighting. The released clip of 'Break On Through' is OK, but nothing spectacular.

23. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I treasure the IOW 1970 performance for what it isn't !

Morrison,( albeit uncharacteristically detached from the audience- he barely looks up from the mic for the entire show-) is apparently stone cold sober !

Matthew Tate and lovemygirl like this.
  24. lovemygirl

...stone cold sobor he wasn't sorry to say :(
    ...if I remember correctly Jim was drinking with The Who crew backstage during the festival...but to me Jim is vocally and facial gestures are so strong and punctual... just my thoughts :)

ArpMoog likes this.
  25. SoundAdvice

Didn't Jim get tipsy at all the outdoor Doors performances after 67? Toronto and Seattle Pop in 69 being others?

I think he preferred indoor shows with smaller crowds.

andrewskyDE and lovemygirl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.