The Doors - Live Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by masswriter, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Yes, and in an economical package, under $15.

DrBeatle, tedg65 and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Any modern overdubs?

Shawn, Cokelike- and PacificOceanBlue like this.
  3. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Fillmore East 1968 was recorded?

4. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I’m guessing it is in reference to the Fillmore West 4 track tape missing the drums.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Ahh!

6. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

Ok. I thought the AAP rsd release was all we were getting for Jim’s birthday. I hope they release more one day but I don’t expect anything more unfortunately.
    Cheap Thrills is a great Lp,Love Janis. I’ve seen the 50th and it looks very interesting. I just bought AAP and my wife picked out the Beatles White album rsd release so I’ll have to wait on Cheap Thrills. I forgot how much I like the White Album. Been a long long time since I’ve listened to those LP’s. Another great pick by my wife I must admit.

7. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

Did anyone purchase the Absolutely Live rsd reissue? Just wondering if it was remastered and how it sounds compared to the original. I’ve been eyeing the midnight blue vinyl release but I have 2 original LP’s,Cd and a surviving cassette copy.

8. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

Is unbelievable! seems like Janis estate has a different management, meybe JJ just hate us

Pats said that will be some releases for Jim's 75th BD. let's see.
    White album isn't a RSD release, but yes that new mixes and esher demos are stunning! over priced of course but wow!

I have this one, is a really good remaster, better than 2010

9. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

$38 for The White Album 2Lp’s. I thought that was a fair deal and they sound very nice. My originals are worn out. Mine doesn’t have demos,think it’s just a remaster. New mixes? I’ll have to look at the sticker again.
    I’ll have to pick up AL next time I see it. If they’re working on any Jim releases it’s a big secret again. Why can’t they just tell us what is coming so we can save some $ for it. I’ll never understand why everything has to be a big secret with Doors releases. This is why I don’t expect anything,I just take what I can get.

10. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

I don’t believe The Doors are in possession of anymore outtakes from the first 3 albums. The next 3 albums should have some outtakes included I suspect. Most of all I Am looking forward to a 3Lp Aquarius 2nd show rsd release next year. That would be nice.

marklamb, Efus and PhantomStranger like this.
  11. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

The Doors are more tight lipped nowadays. You old timers on the old Doors forum remember when Jeff was open, and would answer questions.

12. Kat Records

Yep 2 Lps is New Remix by Giles Martin.

is really sad that we can't expect nothing from our beloved band

13. steviebee

steviebee Always playing Ese and The Vooduu People

It's good. Great sound. Due to my original AL getting the pvc rot thing on sides 3 & 4 I've only the Japanese pressing and the RSD (haven't compared them), but the RSD blue release is worth the purchase :)

And the discs look lovely!

14. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

Yes, I wouldn't expect a announcement on Dec 8th, in fact don’t not happening but over the next year sure. Working on several projects for Jim stuff.

Soundslave likes this.
  15. Kat Records

thanks for the reply, i really expect something for 75th BD, but well, no surprise.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

And still no Matrix set.
    Yawn.

Tristero and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

They are working on the final overdubs.

Doggiedogma, Shawn, rnranimal and 3 others like this.
  18. murch

murch Forum Resident

They haven't parsed it out enough yet. Can still squeeze a couple dollars out of their fanbase! Remember, the old way of releasing complete, unmolested audio of great shows is passé. So 2000's.

19. Kat Records

20. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Jeff only answered what he found convenient or thought would serve his commercial purposes. Every time fans brought up problems or uncomfortable issues he'd either plain ignore them or sidestep the issue with a condescending attitude and/or lies. That's not what I call being open.

The old Doors message boards were a world in themselves. It was an interesting and diverse community, there was a lot of freedom there and the whole thing worked well for years. Things started going south when Jeff came in and began changing things around. Eventually he pulled the plug, but he had already managed to kill it long before then. He was only there for lip service, the board was just another promotional device for him.

21. Pats Radio

He left the boards because “kids” on there would ask for information which he did provide then on the next page after he gave them information would rip him up and down the boards. Brilliant. That’s like asking somebody for a favor then when they do, you rip them following them doing it. Roll eyes here. Then when he left, people were asking why. Geez, take a wild guess why he left. If people were respectful to him like they should have been, no matter what they thought on how they were making those business decisions, then the boards would still be up and he would still be providing information. Whether you like those decisions or not. At least you’d be getting information you otherwise wouldn’t have. Hello, anyone home?

Bottom line it was a total mistake from a selective few who killed it for the many who just wanted info no matter what that info was. Errant. Plain and simple.

What we have now are people who rip him because they no longer get any information because there are no boards left to get it.

:doh:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    unclefred likes this.
  22. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Oh no, we're missing out on all the promises about releases that never end up happening.

Maybe if he were still around, he could tell us why the 2nd Fog reel was left off the release. But oh well. Guess we'll just have to assume they were holding it back to milk more, as has been their track record. Unless you would like to finally answer why you said Jeff had the 2nd Fog reel in hand 6 months before the Fog release, yet it wasn't included.

23. Pats Radio

If you can read, I already did. Go look for it.

:righton:

24. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Except the LAW outtake list, Jampol never gave serious fans any useful information despite repeated inquiries on certain topics. Kreiger was the first to announce the Fog acquisition.

25. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Wah, Wah..... I'm taking my board and going home!

ronbow and rnranimal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.