The Doors - Live Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by masswriter, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

as good as i can recall, somebody announced that the 2nd fog reel was found

rnranimal and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

-I think that was Pats Radio on this forum.
    -I don't believe it exists

3. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

No you didn't. All you said was it was a mistake but never answered what the mistake was. Does the tape exist?

4. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

That would be correct. He announced on here, 6 months before release, that Jeff had the 2nd reel in hand and it would be included in the release. When he was wrong, he refused to answer any questions about it for the longest time. Then he simply said it was a mistake. Not addressing whether the mistake was that the reel was not really found or if it was found but he mistakenly thought it would be part of the release. So now when someone asks him about it, he claims to have already answered. He hasn't.

So we still don't know. Did they find the reel and decided to dissever it recently at a later date while charging $40 for a half hour incomplete recording? Or does Pats not really have very solid insider info? I still think there's a chance they did find the reel and he blew their cover. Now they're going to have a real hard time recently discovering it later.

tedg65, budwhite and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

"Recently" = about a decade.

[​IMG]

rnranimal likes this.
  6. Kat Records

Doors reels are like easter eggs

7. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

That's a way skewed and narrow perspective on things. There was a whole lot more to that board than the Jeff thread.

And the fact that he left is irrelevant. That place was doing well before he came in, and it would've carried on just fine without him.

8. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

Yet when he left there was zero information and plenty of speculation just like here. To say him leaving was irrelevant is comical. How many managers from huge bands are on boards answering questions from fans consistently? Stop. The boards went down the tubes after he left. Thanks to a few.

9. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

What’s next? Copenhagen? Aquarius 2nd show? Has the PBS master tape been found?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Kat Records

well there is a new audio source of PBS (sadly is lossy) but sounds way better than the one ons Soundstage Performances.

Copenhagen will be splitted on 3 or 4 releases and then it will be compiled with the matrix tapes

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

I have the PBS vhs release from the 1980’s. I haven’t watched it in probably 25 years but it was better quality than the dvd release. Actually,the Critique bootleg Lp was better sound quality than the DVD. What happened there?
    Maybe Copenhagen or Aquarius for RSD. We aren’t getting a complete Matrix release,but dreams are nice.

Dodoz and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

:D:laughup::tsk::biglaugh:

Shawn and rnranimal like this.
  13. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Can you imagine all the releases that were planned and cancelled or indefinitely delayed to which we didn't get the pleasure of being disappointed? Guess we just have to push on somehow.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  14. Pats Radio

15. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

Aquarius 3Lp is up on eBay for auction $24.99 only one bidder. Great price to bid on. Get it while you can,I paid $60 when it was released.

Soundslave likes this.
  16. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Nice find, but it will cost me additional 59,5 for shipping :)

17. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

Wow. That should be a crime.

Soundslave likes this.
  18. steviebee

steviebee Always playing Ese and The Vooduu People

Blimey, I paid about £95 Sterling shipped from Australia some months ago...

Worth every penny :)

Flynbryan likes this.
  19. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

I say “Bring on the Second show”

steviebee likes this.
  20. steviebee

steviebee Always playing Ese and The Vooduu People

Damn straight!

Guess that could be "in just a little while..." :shh:

At least we got it on CD in the meantime....:waiting:
    (Reminds me, I must go through Backstage and Dangerous again soon. Can't recall what I thought of it at the time.)

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  21. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

I think it’s hysterical the way Jim purposely ruins every song so Electra can’t use anything on a live album. The man was awesome.

22. Ah so that explains his alcoholism!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

Have you noticed how Jim ruins the end of Light My Fire on all the 70’s live recordings. He didn’t want them to use it on the live album.

24. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Dude, from what I recall, you were one of the people ripping on him at the time for the whole LA Woman, and the Matrix mess. You complained about him spending money on the Mouse art work as well. Granted, you were spot on in ripping him one, but please don't act like you walk on water. I, amongst others here, was a part of that board. Having people like Tony, and Sally respond to questions was great.

Shawn likes this.
  25. Pats Radio

Stop. No, I wasn’t. Please don’t put me in the category with the “kids.” I was one telling those idiots if they continue to do it he’ll just leave and geez what happened? He left and the boards tanked. Brilliant move people. Brilliant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.