The Doors - Live Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by masswriter, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

apparently he knows no one who works at an amazon warehouse like I do

rnranimal and RockRoom like this.
  2. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Piss-weak straw men, as usual. A hot-air balloon.

Good for a laugh, though.

3. murch

murch Forum Resident

Uh, it's not just the motorcycle sound. They replaced music made by the doors with music loops generated by a computer. If that doesn't bother you, you must not be a "real fan".

4. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

soon
    /so͞on/
    adverb
    adverb: soon; comparative adverb: sooner; superlative adverb: soonest
    in or after a short time.
    "everyone will soon know the truth"
    synonyms: in a short time, shortly, presently, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now), by and by;

As an aside. I don't really post on this thread, but I wonder if the powers that be understand that all you do on this message board is make fans NOT want to buy this stuff. If your attitude is any indication of how things are run by the Doors I'm glad I stopped purchasing after the Re-Evolution DVD.

Since you are such a expert on Doors fans, I am a completest and the Doors are one my favorite bands. These releases and reissues are an insult. I will not and do not buy Doors releases anymore because of the piss poor attitude you and the PTB represent and because of the low quality of the releases. Call up Dylan's people, the Dead, Airplane, etc for a look at how things should be done.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  5. Flynbryan

Flynbryan Forum Resident

Ouch! Let’s be nice or they will shut down another Doors thread. There’s nothing we can do about Doors management so let’s just chill down a little. It’s St.Patricks Day,let’s get go get hammered .

6. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Let's all read what the OP said at the start of this thread. If you don't like what a certain member is posting, use the ignore feature, rather than attack and belittle their comments.

7. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

My only "complaint" about the Felt Forum box would be aimed more at Rhino than The Doors. I bought the set four years after it came out, and the downloadable tracks (the ones without John Sebastian's overdubs) were no longer accessible. I was able to find them through other means. Downloadable bonuses are typically limited time things, but with all the various for-sale downloads from the Doors, it's too bad those three tracks aren't for sale (at least, last time I checked). I would have gladly paid the extra three bucks if that was an option.

On the other hand, the fact that they included them at all is a big plus. Sometimes I forget how good the Felt Forum set is because many of its best moments weren't new to me (I had In Concert for a long time already). But even with the occasional bump in the road, like the attempt at Wild Child, it's an excellent run of shows.

8. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Lol! How come every Doors thread has so much acrimony? I don't notice this so much with threads on other bands. Unless the issue of thievery comes up in a Zeppelin thread that is...

PhantomStranger and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I don’t get hammered or use the ignore feature. Just not my bag.

Pats is the perfect embodiment of The Doors organization’s lack of self awareness and their disrespect towards fans. He comes here to make sure we don’t forget.

10. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Thank you. That was my point. Felt Forum was a well-done release, nice and honest, which proves The Doors can do it... when they feel like it.

11. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Oh, not all threads. I do remember the thread about the LA Woman box. That thread was alive as the whole thing unraveled. There were pages and pages of people expressing their disappointment at that debacle, some of whom had already given The Doors their money for the box set in good faith, and yet on that thread there were no quarrels and no bad feelings between forum members. But guess what? That was before jampot's radio was here. Surprise, surprise. His only activity on this forum is posting on Doors threads to advertise every release and then belittle, scorn and insult those who express a legitimate concern or complaint about it. In other words, he's a troll, and though he's a joke most of the time he's purposefully obnoxious and obtuse, so I'm not surprised people get annoyed by his rubbish from time to time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.