The Doors - The Soft Parade 50, what do we expect?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by EdwinM, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Like clockwork :laugh:

rnranimal and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Why aren't there plans for a dozen or two projects? I listed 40 options. Botnick not mixing BMA vinyl(especially if the CD era hi-Rez masters are unavailable/lost/crashed) sooner rather than later is a management flaw. Just like Jampol not insisting Ray record a bass part for the 67 Fillmore East multitrack. Studio outtakes also need Botnick mixing if they are not yet done.

Matrix and BMA vinyl are basically pre-approved and are guaranteed sellers/money makers. What possible reason are delayed beyond advance issues?

We know from the Jampol killing BYB2 that he will over ride decisions of the band members. On the old forum Jampol didn't get the label advance/interest he wanted for the 40th LAW box or Fog took while for the same reason. Some here also believe they are using MQA format because that brand is paying the Doors to get their name out there, despite the 14/16 bit CD red book CD layer issue.

In my opinion, the IOW flaws(aspect ratio, over dubs, sound effect, track order, no isolated camera angles), half of the Doors Naked Soft Parade, missing Fog 2nd reel and Matrix samplers were structured so they can all be re-released expanded form several years from now.

3. murch

murch Forum Resident

Judging from the negative feedback on most of their recent releases, it seems the management is "out of touch" with the fanbase. Face it, there is no better focus group than the Steve Hoffman forums for a 50+ year old band, and most on here think they are messing up most of the releases. Singles was great, a couple mistakes on mixes but those things can happen. Waiting for the Sun 50th was good except they only released part of the Copenhagen concert. Those are the only two positive releases I can think of that aren't undone by confusing decisions.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Trying to seperately sell the repro 1968 tour book and the 1 unused WFTS single 45 on the Doors online site only felt tacky to me. Easy to include on mono singles or the WFTS 50th box.

murch, rnranimal and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

I wonder if Doors management bases their decisions on some kind of astrology, tea leaves or numerology, something that follows no discernible logic. The way they hold some things back with a promise of future release when the time is "right" is absolutely bizarre. They're also dealing with a fan base that is a shrinking demographic, they're running out of time to get things right.

elgoodo, BeatleJWOL, murch and 2 others like this.
  6. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

They are clearly hoping to build a new fan-base demographic of youth, based on their skateboards, sneakers and other nonsense. That said, it is the existing, long-standing fan-base who mostly purchases archival product, not Generation Z. The band has alienated many long-term fans over the past 15 years. At some point, many people stop caring.

elgoodo, BeatleJWOL, murch and 3 others like this.
  7. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Major yawn.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Yup, that sucked hard. A sour note on the Singles collection, which was otherwise pretty neat.

9. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

They just don't care.

BeatleJWOL and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

Hi, Welcome! There isn't a Soft Parade in Mono, exists a few mono radio mixes (Touch Me, Wishful Sinful, Tell All The People) included on the Singles release of a couple of years ago

11. It's not hard understanding the strategy being employed by Doors' management - they have a finite amount of archival material left and they are slowly doling it out to maintain a constant revenue stream for stakeholders with a financial interest.

Making it more difficult is the morass of parties with some stake in the Doors' catalog. They are attempting to squeeze every single dollar possible from the remaining fan base.

No insider, but this is readily apparent from the outside with even a modicum of industry knowledge.

12. BayShoreDoorsFanatic

BayShoreDoorsFanatic Member

What about the 1969 Argentinian Promo Radio Copy of Soft Parade in Mono ? Epic Records 10.006
    A few copies in mono were given to radio stations that still played mono tracks. These copies were not sold to the public.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2020
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

A lot of things aren't getting released after being announced. Where's the rest of that Matrix stuff? Rather coming out in doles, it flat-out stopped coming out.

14. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Would not surprise me if this was due to a "well they seem to not like it, let's just not bother" process.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Oh, they know full well how much fans wanted the complete Matrix from the real original tapes, and they know exactly what they're doing.

16. Kat Records

[/QUOTE]

well, also exists an argentinean l.a.woman mono, label says it but in fact is stereo. never heard that soft parade promo

17. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

18. timiller

timiller Forum Resident

I think you are 100% right about this just being a black vinyl of the BFRSD release. I see no need for this after getting that reissue.

19. Benny S

Benny S Felt Forum Resident

Still waiting for the CD only release. Come on, Jeff. I will buy 1 (one) Jampol Inc DoorsWhores Merchandisocrap item from your wonderful range if this comes out before the end of the Covidious crisis.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. The CD only version comes with your first order for a Doors skateboard, baseball bat and football.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Don't forget the puzzle!

[​IMG]

There's gonna be a Matrix puzzle too. But the first box will only contain half of the pieces.

22. David del Toro

David del Toro Forum Resident

LOL! I can hear PatsRadio incoming, take cover!

Shawn, Matthew Tate and rnranimal like this.
  23. murch

murch Forum Resident

Right on the money! Made me laugh.

Shawn and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Kat Records

still waiting for the Dors Ludo Game Set

25. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

That's ok, because a couple more pieces will be released each year on Puzzle Store Day.