The Doves

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by snowman, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Bit of a long shot here.. anyone heard, or heard comments, on the Japanese CD versions of the two Doves CD's?

2. mjb

mjb Senior Member

Couldn't tell you of any differences in sound quality, but the US issues are the ones to go after in terms of bonus tracks. The debut album includes three relatively hard-to-find b-sides, and of course the limited edition 2CD version of "The Last Broadcast" includes 4 b-sides on the second disc. This limited edition is still pretty easy to find at retail, so don't pay any overinflated eBay prices... yet.

3. snowman

snowman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi,
    Yeah I got the US version of Lost Souls with the bonus tracks. There are two US versions of The Last Broadcast at the moment? I will see if I can distinguish this version on the online outlets.Amazon etc.
    Thanks.

4. mjb

mjb Senior Member

Initial pressings of THE LAST BROADCAST in the US contain a second CD with 4 tracks, all b-sides which can be found across recent single releases overseas (so if you're buying all the singles, you don't NEED this disc). I'm not sure of the catalogue number; perhaps the online retailers (e.g., CDNow, Amazon, et al) indicate a "limited edition" in their listings.

Good luck!

5. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

I have the UK version of The Last Broadcast and it sounds fine to me. Bonus tracks on the US version? Darn. When I checked Amazon, they had the same tracks listed on the US version as Amazon UK had listed for the UK version. I must have missed something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.