The Expanse on Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Jan 24, 2019.

1. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Looking forward to this AND HOPEFULLY a new book in the series.

marmalade166 likes this.
  2. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Season 5 release date is 12/15/20.

eddiel and hvbias like this.
  3. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

A 3 episode drop, and then weekly for the rest of the season

eddiel, hvbias, slovell and 1 other person like this.
  4. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Excellent news. Can't wait

5. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I'm still waiting for season 4 to show up on blu-ray.

SteveRes likes this.
  6. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Here's the cast interview/panel from this week's New York Comic Con about the upcoming season

7. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

8. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Linger63 likes this.
  9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

This is something I should have expected. Not just because COVID messed up a lot of shooting schedules this past year, but just because now the streaming television services have gotten the bug for teasing you out as long as they can.

Finally figured out, people could just come in, suck up as much full seasons as they want to binge on, then leave as soon as it's gone. No loyalty when you can get a whole season of watching at your own speed.

Almost makes me relieved, people don't tend to buy ice cream in whole gallon packages as much anymore. :drool:

Now, what else is on my list of shows the networks, streamers and premium cable nets have been holding back concrete confirmation of premiere dates for...? :waiting:

RockNRod and Linger63 like this.
  10. robertawillisjr

marmalade166 and hvbias like this.
  11. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I was disappointed when they replaced Babu Bhatt with the new actor who is a bit personalityless. Can't wait for this to return!

FVDnz likes this.
  12. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Loving this series! And I'm happy that Frankie Adams is getting such a big following too.
    Awesome that she's even using her Kiwi accent on the show as well.

Bring on Season 5 - and I need to start reading the books soon...

13. robertawillisjr likes this.
  14. Was Cas Anvar cleared of sexual harassment?

15. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

The Expanse has been renewed for the sixth and FINAL season. :( Cas Anvar will be in season five but not in season six. Apparently there's something to the sexual harassment charges. :tsk:

wayneklein and Quadboy like this.
  16. Well that’s sad. I liked his portrayal. Unfortunate that season six is the last. It lasted longer than I could ever hope. It will be a challenge to squeeze the last two epic novels into a final 10 or 12 episode season.

daglesj and slovell like this.
  17. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

I wonder if they will recast or write him out.
    Looking forward to S5 and glad they are doing a staggered release, blew through S4 in no time.

18. robertawillisjr

I have mixed feelings about the staggered release schedule. I blew through S4 also but had some remorse later since that weekly anticipation was gone. I did revisit most of the season but ... Perhaps because, IMHO, S4 wasn't as compelling as the book and not as good as the previous seasons. Less chemistry and magic.

19. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

This gives me a bad vibe. I mean there are 9 books.
    If they rush to the finish line, it will be very disappointing. I'm thinking of Game of Thrones, which was just awful down the stretch.
    If they decide to truncate the books, then it could be good. I think that can be done reasonably well.

marmalade166 likes this.
  20. mds

mds Forum Resident

Just found this news yesterday, one more day to wait and then the fun begins!

"The smash sci-fi series "The Expanse" rockets back onto Amazon Prime Video Wednesday (Dec. 16) with more protomolecule madness, Ring maneuvering, an election aftermath, black market weapons malfeasance and renegade Marco Inaros and his Free Navy trying to shift the balance of power in the Sol System in favor of the downtrodden Belters."

SJP, marmalade166 and digdug67 like this.
  21. digdug67

digdug67 Hockley's Hits Here!

Awesome!

22. To do the novel justice they would have needed a much bigger budget and double the amount of episodes.

23. This seas0n is based on one of the less compelling novels except for Amos story. It veers away from the part of the story I like the most.

24. robertawillisjr

Understood, but there was something about S4 which wasn't up to the standards set by the earlier seasons. Whether it was the characterizations, acting or writing I just didn't feel as engaged about the colony. The outer sequences were great but the parts about the colony just didn't jell (IMHO).

25. mds

mds Forum Resident

I also was not fond of this seasons book, which starts tomorrow. It leaves behind one of my favorite characters Joe Miller and the fun factor of having the crew of the Rocinante not being together. Naomi's back story is not that attractive and her ex and son are really horrible people. Too much time is spent on them in the book in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how all of this splintered story line plays out.

I also read this is it. Amazon is not continuing. Not sure if this is due to the possible firing of Cas Anivar due to the allegations thrown his way or it was not as popular as they had hoped. Anyone hear more on this?