The first 2 Acoustic Sounds 45's arrived! / Recording techniques, then and now.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cunningham, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunningham

cunningham Forum Resident Thread Starter

You are right of course, there is such a presence with this album, I defaulted to the s-word. It can sway any die hard stereo person to the beauty of good mono work. This album could have some the finest drum and cymbal recording work I have heard in a long while. Heck, better add bass and horn to that as well. Add cow bell also.

I realized that I have a pretty badly warped sides 1 and 2 on Waltz. The first song is affected. I will email AS and ask about getting it replaced. I wonder what the expected rate of warpage failure is. I have several single sided 45 sets and have been very lucky.

2. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

Mine is warped too. :)

3. cunningham

cunningham Forum Resident Thread Starter

Re: Re: Steve Hits the Nail on the Head

The other night I was playing a great German pressing of Lou Reed's Magic and Loss. Partway through one song i realized that in the right front stage was Lou's guitar, and his voice was rear left stage. The man had been beheaded. Although, it could have been the drugs kicking in.

4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

If some sides are warped then call Chad and ask for a replacement of the bad discs (but request to keep your numbered jackets)...

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.