The Flash (TV Series 2014– )

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by musicalbeds, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Maybe he'll run him (Henry) back to the 90's and we can get another season of that Flash TV show.

2. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Great ep this week. At last, some serious emotional investment. I actually teared-up a bit (really).

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

This season hasn't been quite as good as the last one for me. Too many alternate timelines/alternate versions of people/speedsters. Still, the show is enjoyable.

4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

The Flash isn't perfect, but it's still my favorite DC Superhero joint on CW by far. Arrow and Legends are getting really tired (kind of a problem for Legends as it's only the first season), while I enjoy The Flash just as much as ever.

The Flash has heart, which is missing from the others.

musicalbeds, badfinger54 and Lonson like this.
  5. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Legends could be better. The plot twisting is actually rather complex they just don't doe the pacing and explication right. And they use way way too much distortion in their sound and sounds effects, just awful instead of the cool I think they think they're dishing out.

Flash this season is getting better as it nears the season end. We'll see about next season.

6. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

I've said this before (on another forum) but Legends feels very much like a program that was conceived as a limited series that was given more episodes at the last minute.

I was under the impression it was going to be to Arrow what Agent Carter is to Agents of SHIELD, a fill-in during a re-run period, just 6-8 episodes. Then, it's moved to Thursdays and given a full 16 episodes. Yeah, it seems about 10 episodes too long.

musicalbeds likes this.
  7. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

No love for last night's season finale? I thought it was pretty good with quite the wtf moment at the very end. I have to once again give my wife props for calling who was the man behind the mask.

I also have to say that Flash does the special FX thing really, really well given their budget. Some very well-done stuff last night.

8. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Like Wally I can't get my head around the "time remnant" thing. If my limited understanding from the first time they did it is correct, you have to make some kind of major change to the timeline to leave a remnant behind... you can't just whip one up when you need an extra guy in a fight.

It was beyond dumb that Wally didn't realize Barry was the Flash, or that they thought they could or should keep it from him.

I think this is a show that could do with making fewer episodes in a season.... there was exhaustion evident at various points. It used to seem normal but now, with so many quality shows around that do 10-13 episode seasons, it's starting to feel excessive watching 23 episodes of a show in a year. By about the 3/4 mark I was starting to feel like "I've seen enough of these guys for now."

DreadPikathulhu and Vidiot like this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

What a mess.
    [​IMG]

10. This might be slightly [​IMG] but I've often wondered how the heck your TV channels can pad out a show to 9 months long? For years in Australia, a show would start in February and end in either July (22~ish weeks) or November (40~ish weeks, usually a local show) because we were on such a delay from America, our shows would run without a break.

But what the heck do your networks play? I'm enetering broadcast dates into shows on my computer I've ripped for my iPad and I keep seeing gaps of three and even four weeks where your networks put in a big giant break? Watching "The Flash" 'express from the US' (as they are always saying/doing now) it looks like they are still doing it. I've never understood this and now I've seen it in action, I understand it less! What do they play instead (to pad it out, I mean)? And why such long gaps to pad out 22~ish weeks to 39~ish weeks?

11. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

This season was a definite letdown from the first. Too much time spent on Zoom and I'm really tired of actors sneering their lines when they play evil versions of their characters.

I did call Shipp being perfect for playing the golden age Flash back when the show premiered. That was the high point of an otherwise loooooong season. I agree with others; give us a dozen concise episodes.

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

How many times did Barry say "I have to stop Zoom" or "Zoom is still out there" over the 23 episodes? It got very repetitive. And "Zoom" is such a silly, unthreatening name.

Scott222C and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  13. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I was let down in the finale by the very end essentially resetting the entire series because of Barry's selfish action. The writers have also lost the idea that Flash and Arrow take place in the same universe. No mention of the nuclear attack that killed thousands on Arrow? The timelines on these shows are not even aligned since we saw Barry on Arrow attend Laurel's funeral with his powers intact but on the previous night's Flash show his powers were still gone.

I enjoyed the season for the most part, however. I think these guys could do well with telling shorter story arcs during the season rather than stretching out one idea over 23 episodes.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  14. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

If they incorporate elements of the "Flashpoint" story line from the comics (or the animated adaptation "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox") which started with Barry taking the same action, it could be really cool and you will not feel cheated.

15. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Reruns. They show three new episodes, then take a three week break where they show those three episodes again. Then, three new episodes, then those three again... rinse. repeat.

It's getting, in this country, where the only weeks where we're getting new episodes of any show is the weeks they actively record how many people are watching which shows.

Alternatively, like with Agents of SHIELD, they will air a fill-in show during the breaks, as AoS does with Agent Carter (and I bet it's embarrassing to them that Agent Carter is the better show. Ha!) Likewise The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead (although FtWD is a pretty sucky show)

I think TV in this country is starting to adopt a more UK-ish approach of more limited series with all episodes airing week-to-week with a rotating schedule. It seems to be changing slowly, but it does seem to be changing.

16. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Gak! I hope they don't. Flashpoint sucked. And it only took two weeks of the "New 52" to turn me off DC after 40 years of reading them pretty much exclusively.

I'm giving them another chance with Rebirth... So far, though... it seems to be just more shuffling of a bad deck.

musicalbeds likes this.
  17. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Pretty sucky finale, with all the criticisms that others have already mentioned here.
    Sooo disappointing. I'm done with this show.

Scott222C likes this.
  18. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Flashpoint itself was great. The New 52 was terrible. The way they broke the universe was fun. The way they put it back together was the problem

19. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Well we are all allowed to have our own opinions, even if yours is wrong. :biglaugh:

:rant: Almost everything DC has touched from the second Flashpoint started until now has sucked. (The exception being the TV stuff) :rant:

20. You really should pick up the DC Rebirth #1 that came out this week. I think it addresses all the problems you likely had with the New 52. It's great re-entry point. 80 great pages for $2.99

DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 »

hurple likes this.
  21. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

I quite enjoyed rebirth.

Both Ted Kord and Wally West back? Sweet!

:righton:

22. Wow. I felt it was a pretty emotional finale and that it has been building up to this for the last two years. Bring on "Flash Point!"

Why do you feel it was "sucky"?

jriems likes this.
  23. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I agree, although the convoluted nature of what's going on with Superman makes my head hurt.o_O

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

To make more money. If you don't like it, don't watch American TV shows.

25. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

The entire season was too long, in general. Dramatically, it constantly felt like "two steps forward, three steps back". And to pull that "solution" to the Zoom problem out of their butt at the last minute - really???

Scott222C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.