The Gentlekin album is finished!! Prod/rec by me.. for fans of Love, Byrds, Kinks,etc

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

I have just received a few promo copies of the exciting new release of the Gentlekin album. These guys are a stunning, psych/sunshine/jangle-pop band from the bay area. I strongly recommend this album to fans of the Byrds, Love, the Go-Betweens, Beach Boys, Television, Emitt Rhodes, the Kinks, the Shins, etc. I will be posting an official release for the album including bio, album art, and perhaps some mp3s later, but in the meantime if you want to grab one of these, they are $12 postage included. Contact [email protected] and he'll take Paypal.

I recorded, produced, sang, and played on this album in San Francisco off and on during the year 2002. It was done on a Roland VS 1680 digital recorder with a star studded cast of gorgeous vintage gear, Farfisas, Rickenbackers, old Fender amps, etc. Also there is a cool mellotron part on one of the tracks that was played by Paul Hoaglin from the Mother Hips. Dig it.

Jamesmaya, as we discussed....your pre-ordered copy will be in the mail within 24 hours.

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Outtasight! :goodie: I'm genuinely looking forward to hearing this. Thanks, bro! :righton:

Jim W.

3. audio

Cool, man. I think you'll like it. Maybe you'll post a review after you've heard the album. I'd love to hear your thoughts. I've got another special surprise for you that's been sitting here for a bit that will be in the box also, so watch yer mail.

4. audio

5. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

You got it! :)

6. audio

Thanx

7. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

I've read about shorthand, but this is ridiculous!

8. audio

No sooner had I typed the request for a change of title and tried to edit it myself, was it done. I figured maybe I did it myself or something, so I changed my request to a ".". Then MagicAlex posted and I realized he had done it so fast I didn't even know what was happening. Sometimes this forum makes my head spin!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.