The Good Place - new fantasy sitcom

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Never thought that but it started very good but now has turned boring for me.

2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

The first season was ok at best but season 2 has been all over the place. Funny at times to extremely painful to watch. I felt the same way about Last Man on Earth & finally gave up on that one.

shokhead likes this.
  3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Show's back with a great new episode. Very clever use of coded dialog that kept one guessing. The roast was a blast!

Canadacrowe, misterbozz and DeeThomaz like this.
  4. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Here's hoping Mindy is more successful at having sex with Derek than Jason was with Janet. I mean, on the one hand, Jason tried for hours and couldn't get anywhere but, on the other hand, Mindy has two duffel bags full of cocaine, and how can that not help?

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

There's an explanation for how that could not help that would violate at least two forum rules, so I suggest we leave that inquiry unanswered. :)

93curr likes this.
  6. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Very much enjoying the new season. Some pretty clever lines in last night's, and loved the payoff of the Molotov Cocktail joke. Even my wife, who couldn't get into the first season, has found it more accessible.

John K.

7. Deesky

For me the best part of the ep was at the end where Michael professes to have solved the philosophical Trolley Problem and then demonstrates the solution. A very nice scene.

Jason looked pretty cool in his Rat Pack outfit , Eleanor looked fabulous in the 1940s hairdo and glasses, and Tahani, well, she looks fabulous in anything!

8. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

This show is a lot of fun - had a bit of a slow start for me, but picked up right at the season one plot twist.

9. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I watch this show but I find it's generally more "interesting" than "humorous." I'm growing weary of the back & forth with the good place/bad place/ and Michael alternating between good guy/bad guy.

10. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Well, the "Good Place" has now been destroyed, so that's no longer as issue. Michael spent the first season as the bad guy pretending to be the good guy and most of the second season being the opposite. Now the cat's out of the bag (so to speak) he's presumably being sincere. But Thursday's the season finale, and any and/or all of that might be upended. Let's find out!

Deesky and forthlin like this.
  11. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

Tonight's episode was the finale for Season 2. The show is still fresh and engaging.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  12. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

The running gag with those two insufferable songs being played repeatedly in hell really cracked me up. :laugh::laugh:

I haven't dedicatedly followed the show, but I like what I've seen. My wife had to fill me in on a few plot points on the season finale. Smart show, so smart I can't believe it's on a traditional network.

dan c

Solaris likes this.
  13. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

This is a fun and relatively unique show for network tv.

14. Beer Milk Shake

Beer Milk Shake Forum Resident

A plethora of good points to The Good Place people, on both sides of the camera, for something so completely different, regardless of what fork in the road it takes.

Solaris likes this.
  15. Deesky

Very nice season ender. Eat my farts Benedict Cumberbatch! :)

mcre01 likes this.
  16. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Great 2nd series. Easily on par with the first. An ending which made me smile, but I’m not sure a third series is needed. Time to put it to bed I think.

17. Deesky

No way! They've just set things up for another potential narrative upheaval. The scene where Michael tells the Judge that the point system is "fundamentally flawed and unreasonable" is a profound insight which means that we're likely to see some kind of shakeup coming next season.

Also, forgot to mention how much I loved seeing Ted Danson behind the bar again (Schur is a big fan of Cheers)!

mcre01 likes this.
  18. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

[​IMG]

Season 2 out on DVD (again; no BluRay :mudscrying:) July 17. It doesn't appear to include any bonus features this time around and, again, it's only Ted & Kristen on the cover. :wtf:

19. Deesky

Anyone catch the extended season 3 opener? So good to have the show back and it looks like the hinted at shakeup has come to pass. This show keeps reinventing itself, which keeps it fresh and interesting. I recall back in S1 people lamenting that the premise won't have any staying power long term, but the producers were clever enough to overcome that potential pitfall.

The opener was cleverly constructed and very funny, all while keeping true to what we know about each of the main characters. Big thumbs up from me.

kevywevy, misterbozz and DeeThomaz like this.
  20. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I finally watched the second half of the second season on Netflix, and I was so very pleased to see my proposed solution to the trolley problem come up, and from Michael no less!

Can't wait to watch S3 E1!

21. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

Just watched the premiere of Season 3. What the fork? It has cleverly shifted, but stayed the same. Good vs Evil.

Dan C likes this.
  22. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Watched Season 3 Ep1 - great to have the characters back in 'new' (which are old! ) situations!! It's not often we get a series that pokes fun at the consequences of people's actions and relates it to 'the good place' and 'the bad place'!!!

23. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I watched S3 E1 tonight ... great to have The Good Place back, terrible Aussie accents notwithstanding :laugh:

Michael's accent was supposed to be terrible, and Simone (who I assume is a British actor) had a weird combination of Aussie/Kiwi/Cockney accent.

--Geoff

Dan C likes this.
  24. Deesky

Yeah, a total mishmash. I was just rewatching some Frasier episodes and had to chuckle how all of Daphne's Brit brothers had Aussie accents with weird Cockney-esque overtones - cor blimey guv'nor!

25. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

I was not expecting "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx to be the song to inspire demons to work more efficiently.

Dan C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.