The Good Place - new fantasy sitcom

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telliott

telliott Senior Member

How many of you enjoyed seeing "Chuck" aka Michael McKean playing another wacky character in the latest episode (Season 3 Episode 8)?

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

It was a fun cameo, however I'm finding this season as a whole a little lackluster (ep 9 was an improvement though). They need to get the hell off Earth. :)

3. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

I accidentally recognized him from behind. I made the joke “ha, it’s Chuck!” And then he turned around and it actually was.

4. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Only discovered The Good Place on Netflix last week. What a fantastic show. I never binge watch, but I can’t help it with this. Am currently on season 2 ep. 10. Ted Danson looks like he’s having an absolute blast in this show.

5. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Awesome show. Binge watched Seasons 1 & 2...am starting Season 3 soon. Is the season over already, BTW? I see only 9 episodes on On Demand

6. Bobby Morrow

3 more episodes in season 3 to come. Starting next week.

RK2249 likes this.
  7. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

All caught up now...waiting for Season 3 to resume. Having binge-watched it, I'm going to hate having to wait a week between episodes...this is an easy show to binge-watch.

George P likes this.
  8. Bobby Morrow

It is. At 22 minutes per show it’s easy to get through. I only recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime and am staggered by how many shows I want to watch and how many episodes there are of all of them!

I’m currently binge watching Lucifer. A show I don’t recall being shown in the UK before. At 43 minutes per show and over 60 of them to catch up with, it’s taking some doing.:)

RK2249 likes this.
  9. Bobby Morrow

Have to say episode 10 of season 3 was possibly the worst one yet. I don’t think I laughed once..

10. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Great season finale. I may have gotten something in my eye during the Eleanor and Chidi highlight reel.

11. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, I was starting to think the show had gone off the rails, but they recovered well in the finale.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  12. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Laugh out loud moment for me in the last episode: a sign in the background - "Sushi And The Banshees" :p

--Geoff

13. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

“Whenever anyone tells me a story about their life, I always imagine all the people as being super hot. Otherwise, I quickly lose interest. Do you not do that? You can do it for free.” -Eleanor Shellstrop

I wanted to make this my avatar signature, but it was too long. :cool: Truly, inspiring words to live by.

14. Deesky

After watching (most of) season's 4 opener, I'm out. This show's premise is well and truly played out and now it's just a series of embarrassing rearrangements of deckchairs on the Titanic! Too bad.

15. Bobby Morrow

This is the final season, and as much as I’ve enjoyed the show in the past, I’m glad. To be honest, I’d forgotten most of the events in the ‘cliffhanger’ of the final episode of season 3, so it took me a while to realise what was happening!

Funny show with a great cast, but it’s had it’s day now. I’ll see it through, though.

16. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

The season openers to most shows are a little bumpy - like a train changing tracks as it heads in a new direction.

This show has never let me down.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  17. Deesky

I've loved the show from the start, but the previous season wasn't great either, and sadly, this episode has done nothing to change course...

18. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

The producers were smart to make this the final season. The premise is pretty much played out.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  19. George P

George P Notable Member

My girlfriend and I were totally lost on the plot at this point. They should have taken a few minutes to explain.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  20. Bobby Morrow

Totally agree with that. I recalled Chidi getting his memory wiped, but nothing else.

21. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  22. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

5 min in decided to go back and watch final episode from last season to remember what was going on.

23. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

So ... was Episode 9 (where Chidi has a note with "the answer") the final episode? A lot of flashbacks and recaps so maybe ...

--Geoff

24. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

No. There are still four episodes left to wrap up the series. It returns on January 9th.

HiredGoon likes this.
  25. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Finally got around to S3 and just finished. I hadn't seen any episodes since S2 ended. I thought the season started great, but then immediately became a drag as soon as the group saw the portal and figured out Michael and Janet weren't who they thought. Next few episodes were a slog, but it definitely picked up when they got to Janet's void. Nice showcase for D'arcy Carden there.

The setup of having a new group to torture the "core 4" by their presence seems okay, I guess. I thought Maya Rudolph as the judge was pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.