The Grateful Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JRM, Apr 11, 2014.

1. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

The only deadco guys not lined up already are the guys who actually played in the gd with Phil. They seem like the obvious option but I’d could easily see it being wolfco. When was the last time weir wasn’t there

uzn007 likes this.
  2. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

The Robinson brothers are on tour in Texas that weekend. Besides, they said in the press release that there will be no jamming...

And Wilco is in southern England

My Morning Jacket?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  3. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

I’d think both Metzger & Hamilton will still play guitar. Nothing wrong with a third guitar. They should be able to stay out of each other’s way. To me this is the highlight of the schedule. I’ll be sure to watch the stream live.

US Blues and Dennis0675 like this.
  4. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Agreed, Sunday is the strongest day as is generally the case with these things.

5. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I know she is big time right now but I don’t get it. Perhaps she writes some amazing song that I haven’t learned the words to enough to get it but I’ve seen her act and there wasn’t much there for me. I need to look up some of her stuff and give it another shot. I have to be missing something. Sounds like she is a $50,000 festival quote? That sounds high to me but even still, if half of the ticket sales go to the performers that should be a budget of about 1.2 million a night.

6. trd

trd Forum Resident

This is flat out wrong. They headline festivals all summer long. Theyre headlining Saturday night of HSMF this year. The next day they are headlining Peach Fest

I could go on and on but the point stands. If you’re going to rant (and clutter up the thread all day) about something at least get your facts correct

7. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

And this is jrad with Phil again!

trd and US Blues like this.
  8. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

SEVA Benefit Feb 13 1994.

And another SEVA Benefit May 15 1998:

9. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

They aren't headlining peach that would be oyster head and the math isn’t wrong. Nothing to get offended about I’m not being offensive and saying they suck by a long shot as you did about Mayer. If talking about Phil and his birthday festival is cluttering up the thread, I apologize. Please, enjoy your thread.

budwhite and uzn007 like this.
  10. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Joining in on this as we speak, LOUD!

Crispy Rob, Oliver, US Blues and 3 others like this.
  11. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

From the press release

Oysterhead, Joe Russo’s Almost Dead featuring Oteil Burbridge and The String Cheese Incident headline The Peach Music Festival’s 2020 lineup. The Peach Music Festival returns for its ninth annual installment at Montage Mountain in Scranton, Pennsylvania July 2 – 5, 2020.

heathen and US Blues like this.
  12. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Stop ranting and cluttering up the thread. I’ve seen them many times and at a few festivals, I have a poster of one of those festivals hanging on my wall right now. They are very good and I’ve complimented them many times. I’ve seen them with Phil and it’s fantastic. A headlining band isn’t one that plays the Brooklyn bowl or the cap when the are in NYC, they play MSG. And playing with, I bet they could. Legit headliner on Sunday. I’ll not restate my previous points but they are solid.

13. kevin

kevin Senior Member

Now listening to 1/21/71[UC Davis] on TIGDH on SiriusXM's Grateful Dead channel via the webstream now playing China Cat Sunflower.

US Blues and fishcane like this.
  14. rbbert

rbbert Forum Resident

Railroad Earth also sold out the Capitol last year

ARK, DrLunchbox, US Blues and 2 others like this.
  15. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Devore stadium 85 tonight

16. rbbert

rbbert Forum Resident

Nobody else thinks this might be overkill with Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia cover bands? And even the ones that aren't (e.g., Railroad Earth, Hornsby, Mule) have quite a few Dead and Garcia covers in their usual concert repertoire. If there is anyone in attendance who is not a Deadhead they are likely to be disappointed.

17. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Trouble ahead, Jerry in red.

18. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

That’s a good one.

19. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

IWT. Really fun day.

20. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

Anyone listen to this podcast "36 from the Vault ". Its a two person discussion of the Dick's Picks Series. Just finished up the first episode on DP 1. One dude is a bit over the top, but I found it mostly interesting. I am going to continue with it as a reason to go through the entire series. Curious if anyone else has given it a try. I'm revisiting DP2 tonight as I type. Legendary DS.

21. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

still onsale? 77? is this the end of the world as we know it?

SJR likes this.
  22. rockinlazys

rockinlazys Forum Resident

SEVA + BCT = Worthy...

23. frightwigwam

frightwigwam Talented Amateur

I liked Steven Hyden's book on Classic Rock, and I follow him on Twitter, so I'm interested enough to revisit DP1 and the full 12/19/73 show this week in preparation; but, I'm a little shy about whether I actually want to spend almost 2 hours listening to Hyden and some other dude just talk about DP1 and related topics. It might be interesting, but then it also would definitely cut into music time.

24. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I love the "Eyes of the World" on this show- (DP 31)

Crispy Rob, ARK, adamos and 2 others like this.
  25. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Listening to Dick's Pick #1 is a far, far better use of your time than listening to some schmendrick talk about Dick's Pick #1. :tiphat: