The Grateful Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JRM, Apr 11, 2014.

1. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

The CD has no-noise in the mastering , but IIRC still sounds pretty good. I’d keep the LP version though for the big artwork alone!

2. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

It will be eventually, I assume

3. notesofachord

The assumption was that for most fans Drums>Space is “beer run/bathroom break” music and if anything is to be cut from the show - that’ll be missed the least. I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE FANS.

For me, Drums>Space was never better than it was in the last few years of their career.

4. Sear

Sear Dad rocker

The LP suffers of inner groove distortion

uzn007, ratstack and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. ratstack

ratstack Forum Resident

Tonight I’m having a Dick v Dick Head to Head matchup with 11 vs 36, or 9/27/72 vs 9/21/72. Been awhile since I listened to either and the Dark Star chatter for 9/21 has me revisiting. I seem to remember preferring 9/21 overall but we shall see.

One thing that I always remember about 9/27 is that Bobby was ending his melodic lead on China with an insanely incorrect note. He did this for a handful of shows around this time I think but this one I always remember because I bought this DP the week it came out and was like, “what the hell is that?” When I heard it. Always thought it was a mistake until I heard it on other takes of the time period.

Anyone have any insight on this? Was he just messing around for a few shows? Was there something severely wrong with that fret for brief time then he got it fixed? Confuses me.

Bossyman, Freebird, US Blues and 2 others like this.
  6. notesofachord

“Uh, hey Beavis, hehe. He said Dickhead, hehe”

[​IMG]

7. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I’m gonna put your bells in a sling.

ianuaditis likes this.
  8. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Chuck it then. That ****'s the worst.

ratstack and Freebird like this.
  9. kevin

kevin Senior Member

Now listening to 5/29/80[Des Moines Iowa]on TIGDH on SiriusXM's Grateful Dead channel via the webstream now playing Lost Sailor/Saint Of Circumstance.

US Blues likes this.
  10. diamondstylus

diamondstylus Forum Resident

I didn't catch the pre-show last night, did they say what next week's stream would be?

11. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

What do you think of it, Chatty Cathy?

Crispy Rob, Billy_Sunday and US Blues like this.
  12. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

So FYI my order of Road Trips v1 no. 2 arrived today, and as some of you predicted, it included the bonus disc, even though the GD store said it wouldn't.

So, great rejoicing at the uzn household, and get yourself one of these if you've been considering it. I'm sure I had a good reason for skipping it when it first came out but I can't remember what it was.

13. ratstack

ratstack Forum Resident

Amen

US Blues likes this.
  14. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

I asked the same question on Reddit and was told that they didn't mention it, McNally talked all the way up to 8:45.

15. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

I listened to Bob Weir’s Blue Mountain( LP version) earlier this evening. I had not listened for awhile. Great album. Now I am spinning Reflections by Garcia( et al) -the purple RSD reissue.

16. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

It’s been a while since I listened to the Dark Star > Eyes of the World > China Doll from 6/24/73 Portland (PNW box) so right now seems like a good idea. Dark Star is dreamily bouncing along as I write this, soon to be elastic.

17. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

There are many April & May '78 shows that need to be released. IMHO. Jerry's guitar playing is excellent, and the whole band is firing on all cylinders.

18. goodfelladh

goodfelladh Forum Resident

After One From the Vault yesterday I figured the first show back from hiatus seemed a good enough place to go next, so I listened to 6/3/76 today. The matrix on the Archive that I listened to somehow managed to give off the great vibe/energy that must have been felt that night. Not sure that I'd say it has any of my favorite individual performances, but as a whole it was very enjoyable.

19. Jerfan13

Jerfan13 Makes wrinkles advertised as creases

That “Let It Grow” is still something 30yrs later...Rich was always a great tape!

...wait...what?!!? 1990....30 what.... ?

20. peskypesky

peskypesky Forum Resident

1975-09-28 Lindley Meadows, San Francisco, CA Hunter's Trix

Really nice show, and there's a woman having a baby. :)

21. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

Were there two? Maybe there’s another one. ;)

peskypesky and warewolf95 like this.
  22. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Now I’ve got on Two From The Vault (8/24/68 Shrine Auditorium) for the first time in I don’t know how long. New Potato Caboose sounds amazing.

23. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Gah, I'm frustrated as heck. Since I have home internet now when I get shows from LL and the Tree I can actually take the time to seed instead of just being a "leech".

Took 2 hours configuring my ports to be open and....they aren't....

I'm pretty tech savvy and its bumming me out that I can't this down! :(

Any TechHeads got any advice for me? :p

24. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I LOVE this one. Awesome early primal Dead.

25. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Send a PM to 'misujry' on LL and he'll get you straightened out.