The Greatest TV Themes Of The '60s - Round 1, Bracket 10

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sunspot42, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Continuing this tournament style process, with 64 head-to-head candidates in total, to determine the greatest TV theme of the '60s.

And if you need to refresh your memory, courtesy YouTube:

Gilligan's Island
    vs
    The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis

The previous bracket:

Bracket 9
    Jonny Quest vs.
    The Jetsons

2. sunspot42

I couldn't remember the Dobie theme and had to stream it. Then forgot it 5 minutes later. Not surprised to see Gilligan running away with this one - another totally iconic '60s theme.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next round, when several iconic themes are certain to go up against others...

3. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to all your posts. There’s rather a lot of them all at once.

4. I dream of Jeannie.

5. sunspot42

It was a hassle creating all of these. Fortunately the next round will only be half the size. If I do this again I'll need to find some other way to run the poll because this...ain't working so well. I did search for some online tournament style polling thing but didn't find much that looked appropriate for this.

6. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I don’t think people will go through 30+ posts all at once - which would seem to be an important requirement for your idea. Maybe forum management here can advise?

7. sunspot42

Some of the polls have been out here for a week now. A bunch are about to close. And you don't actually have to go thru them all at once - about a hundred people have already voted on the first polls I posted last Friday.

8. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

My head will explode if I have to choose between Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch.

sunspot42 likes this.
  9. sunspot42

I think if that's the final matchup it'll form a wormhole or something.

AFOS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.