Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

"The Guys Who Wrote Em" DVD Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart Documentary

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoguy, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:01 AM.

1. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo! Thread Starter

Guys, does anyone have this DVD here on SH? I've been trying to find it but havent found any place that sells it online.

If anyone here does have it, can you tell me where you got it?

Many thanks!

melstapler likes this.
  2. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Forum Resident

I wasn't aware that it had been released. The last I heard, there were funding issues having to do with music rights.

3. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I asked Andrew Sandoval about this figuring he would know something. His reply was the documentary only had limited festival licenses and will not be getting a commercial release. I would like to see it too.

melstapler likes this.
  4. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I'd like to add that a compilation of their demos is sorely needed. I'm sure many of the songs exist and are probably decently produced for being demos.

melstapler likes this.
  5. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo! Thread Starter

cwiit: Thanks for asking Andy Sandoval, much appreciated. couldnt they release it without any music so they dont have the issue of music licences?

6. FredV

FredV Forum Resident

I’ve seen the documentary and it’s very good. A shame it’s not getting a commercial release, hopefully one day.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They could, but then 25 people would watch it.

A music documentary without music rights is almost always a non-starter--even for very well-known artists.