The Hippie from Lennon's Imagine Movie on Cavett, too?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by blase_faire, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

Close but no cigar, sez me. Discuss.

2. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Same guy, same averting eyes, just less stoned.

supermd and mkolesa like this.
  3. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

Not quite a miracle, you're just getting wiser, grasshopper.
    And who knows, he could be a vegetable, or a fruit!

4. banjovi

banjovi New Member

Actually, those captures only confirm the original poster's assertion -- they are indeed the same person. Same eyes, same nose...

I assume he was merely an obsessed fan, but the "plant" theory is interesting. In no way could Lennon have predicted that we would have had the technology or opportunity to "catch" him all these years later if indeed that's the case.

banjovi

5. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

Good point.

6. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

By the way, which event occured first, and how much later did the second?

7. Sheik Yerbouti

Sheik Yerbouti Senior Member

IIRC "Imagine" was filmed in July 1971 while the Lennons appeared on the Dick Cavett Show in September 1971.

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Paul Goresh is the guy who used to hang out in front of the Dakota and take pics of Lennon. He took the infamous pic of Lennon signing the copy of Double Fantasy for his murderer.

Evan

9. Is it my imagination, or does this whole thread remind you of the Lennon/Cavett scene in "Forest Gump"?:laugh:

10. herky10

herky10 Forum Resident

Not the same guy, IMO. In fact, isn't that Mike Oldfield on the right!:D

11. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

Guys-same guy in both.And,WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????--I remember discussing thisright after the Imagine:John Lennon movie came out (10/9/1988).It came up in the fanzines.....

12. louisville

louisville Peel Slowly and See

Are you the guy?

Kidding of course, but the only thing that has me thinking it's not the same guy is that he would have been heard from somehow over the past 28 years (if he were still alive). No way in this world can a guy get that close (by coincidence or not) without telling his story somewhere.

I didn't subscribe to any Beatle/Lennon fanzines when the Imagine: John Lennon movie came out, so I wouldn't have seen the discussions. What was the consensus, and did any information come out from the discussion?

13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Yeah. He would'a made the convention circuit if it was.

14. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Wow! It's the same disturbed guy, no doub.

15. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

It's possible he is now deceased.

Evan

16. blase_faire

blase_faire New Member Thread Starter

Well, the movie didn't come out until 1988. I have no idea if the footage was viewed by the public before then, but I doubt. Until 1988, nobody, not even perhaps him, knew about this encounter, save the people at Lennon's house that day. Perhaps such encounters were commonplace and didn't really stick out?

And how many times was that Dick Cavett episode available for public viewing AFTER 1988? Because only after 1988 could the guy point to his TWO encounters. When was Cavett available on video or DVD?

Well, if he was a plant, then he really couldn't "brag" about his two fake encounters. Unless it was to confess to the fakeness...

It seems pretty clear it was the same guy in both clips. He could be dead now, or still recovering from his trips. He could simply not care about these encounters. Maybe he forgot...

After 1980, I bet the market for "Hey, I used to stalk John Lennon..." interviews or anecdotes was a bit dry. And with what happened to Harrison in the years before his death, no one at a fan convention probably wants to give any attention to someone who trespassed on a Beatles' property, no matter how hungry or tripped out they were...

I guess my contention is that this guy's silence doesn't really disprove the fact that it was him on both clips...

The mystery continues!

17. handydandy

handydandy New Member

[​IMG]

18. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

...and STILL stalking John!:eek:

19. louisville

:laugh:

20. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

The scene at Johns house is also included in the Gimme Some Truth (The making of the Imagine album) DVD...

21. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

Me too.

[​IMG]

22. supermolland

supermolland Senior Member

I think it is the same guy and I always suspected that the scene in Imagine was staged.

23. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

If it is indeed the same guy, then he could have been "planted" in both places. Interesting theory.

Evan

24. louisville

That's my theory from the get go; I bet he was a member of John's entourage or at the very least a hired hand who worked on the grounds at the mansion. Give the guy a script and John's interacting with an everyman on film.

Somebody needs to find this guy (I have to assume he's dead or fried beyond belief - otherwise he'd have a book out talking about either or both of these experiences) and get him to question fake John about the One Laptop charity.

25. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I think if he wasn't already dead we would have heard from him by now about his experiences with Lennon.

Evan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.