The Honeydrippers - behind the senes details?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Funky54, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Zeppelin didn't really push the singles thing....in fact, they were the anti-singles band par excellence, weren't they?

2. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

UK especially!

bobcat likes this.
  3. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Summer 1981 Bradford University: The Honeydrippers were in town. I was a 19- year old student and was really stoked to be able to grab tickets for this gig. Really cheap too, it was about £1.50 I think I got the tip off that it was Robert Plant and his mates from Sounds magazine somewhere in the small print.
    The gig began quite late for those days at about 11-30pm. It was quite an exciting show but none of the material was familiar to me it was pretty straight Chicago blues.
    Don’t know who was in the band but I do remember the bass player being quite chubby but intimidating looking and he wore braces on his pants.
    After the gig on the way out I practically tripped up over the four members of the rock band Girlschool who were stood by the mixing desk. They’d had a gig at another venue in Bradford that night. I remember thinking they looked great but they were surprisingly tiny!
    Happy days!

4. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Just as I read your post Lindisfarne singing Fog On The Tyne came up on my headphones...pure serendipity!

Slim Zooms likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.