The horrible Flintstones DVD packaging

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sean Keane, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Keane

Sean Keane Pre-Mono record collector In Memoriam Thread Starter

I really like the Flintstones. I got the new 1st season box. Returned the next day. Normally I'd hang on to something if I liked the material but I could not get past this most difficult and frustrating package. Whatever happened to the early simple plastic configuration that held a CD? This thing has indentations for your fingers but are 'bordered' at the bottom to 'hold' the CD when placed upright, I guess. It doesn't need that because the discs are impossible to release from their 'press' button in the middle. So, with those two borders on the bottom finger indentations, try pulling the disc out. You can't because you can't get your fingers in the bottom indentations to get to the side of the disc. It's blocked off. So you gotta pull them out from the two top indentations that don't have indentations and even that is hit or miss no matter how hard you press the 'release' button. Also, the fourth disc has no label but I was told by the guy at the store it's because it's a two sided disc although no mention of this that I could see was on the box. Junk.

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I agree--those DVD cases are ridiculous. I have quite a few in my collection--that type of disc holder makes no sense: why have indentations if they're defeated by that ridge directly around the disc? I may "modify" a few of mine with a sharp knife blade, or just spend a few bucks on buying new cases for them. A lame design flaw, IMHO.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Actually, I buy a DVD for the Movie:) Packaging is secondary.
    I have that set, I'd rather have a claw holding down the disc than a lose damaged disc. Hey, Thanks for that comedy Cee Dee;)

4. Sean Keane

Sean Keane Pre-Mono record collector In Memoriam Thread Starter

Michael, I don't have your address. How the hell am I gonna send it? John should get his next week.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Your a funny Guy!;):laugh: How can I send you my addy when your PM & Email are disabled?:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.