The Invaders - TV Series ('67-8)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JozefK, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, man we had it rough back then! BUT, we now can enjoy what we didn't have...best of both worlds...there for the first run and now have complete control of most of the TV & Movies we didn't once have...is that cool or what? : )

HGN2001 likes this.
  2. Michael

check it out ...good price.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

I was a wee lad when this show aired, and the only things I remember about it are the interesting shape of the spaceship and the fact that the aliens had distinctive pinky fingers.
    A lot of fun, low-budget sci-fi shows back then. "Land of the Giants" was one of my faves.

4. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hank Simms, announcer for innumerable Quinn Martin cop shows (which he later spoofed for 'Police Squad'), makes a rare on-camera appearance on 'The Invaders'. You'll recognize him when you hear his voice.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x41wvnz

5. reapers

reapers Forum Resident

FYI, this is now showing on METV.

6. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Richard--W, reapers and HGN2001 like this.
  7. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

^ Limit 2000

8. ShockControl

This will probably sell out quickly. People have been requesting this music for decades.

9. HGN2001

I know. The sales started yesterday at noon Pacific time and I was heavily involved in unavoidable meetings and commitments. My hopes were that it wouldn't sell out before I could get a chance to order it, but I managed to get my order in a few hours later.

QUINN MARTIN COLLECTION, THE VOL. 2 – THE INVADERS: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)

On that page, click on track listing and there are some mp3 samples of some of the cues.

ShockControl likes this.
  10. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

A real blast from the past! My sis had a paperback version of the show
    and kept it on her night table a long time. Finally got to see the first
    show a coupla years back but didn't return to it.

11. HGN2001

Due to arrive any moment now...

ShockControl likes this.
  12. HGN2001

Nice soundtrack package. Good job by the compilers to make this a reality.

ShockControl likes this.
  13. Michael

I'm getting this! cool...thanks.

ShockControl likes this.
  14. ShockControl

Let me know how it is! I stopped buying music entirely, but for special releases such as this, I ask Santa. Trying to be a good boy for the rest of the year.

15. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

One of my favorite programs. I thought it was very scary in 1968,
    but seeing the episodes was always hit or miss in my household.
    I got to know the program better when it hit home video. Then I
    replaced the vhs tapes with full-season DVD's, which I then
    replaced with the blu-ray sets. The program holds up well today.
    Each episode is a short film, made with care and expertise at
    every level.

A superior program with real intellect and potent imagery. I
    wish it had lasted another season.

I followed Larry Cohen's work as a writer and director. I have
    all his films on disc.

Thanks for the alert. I've been asking for this for years.
    Bought and paid for.

ted321 and ShockControl like this.
  16. HGN2001

Um...Blu-ray sets? Do tell...

17. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

No, The Invaders isn't on blu-ray.
    But The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Star Trek and dozens of
    other programs I've been upgrading to blu-ray are, so it seems like it.

18. Century77

Century77 Member

Hello everyone! :wave:

I am french and i discovered the Invaders series at 12 years old...in 1973! I was really impressed on the screen!!!

Otherwise,i love model making and create 1/43 staging; here is one to pay a little tribute to this series....:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(TO BE CONTINUED)

Spadeygrove, ggergm and reapers like this.
  19. Century77

Century77 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(TO BE CONTINUED... :rant:)

20. Century77

Century77 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's just missing the famous music to believe it!

I hope you liked it...:tiphat:

21. reapers

reapers Forum Resident

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

22. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

This show was on when I was a kid. I watched it every week and thought it was a great show. I saw a couple of episodes a few weeks ago. What a disappointment. I could barely make it thru an episode. This might be one of those shows better left as a childhood memory.

23. Michael

Lost In Space!

24. Billo

Billo Forum Resident

While left open for any third season the show's concluding second season episode 'Inquisition' can stand as a kind of series conclusion as the Invaders withdraw all key personnel prior to using their ultimate weapon - which Vincent destroys - then at the epilog the special government figure guest star Mark Richman plays 'Andrew Hatcher' (I think it was) - a senior government official - who has been out to get Vincent and the 'believers' group is finally convinced that The Invaders are here and all too real

the narrator concludes that Hatcher now joins David Vincent and a recovered from his wounds Edgar Scoville in the crusade and these three will form the vanguard against The Invaders...

So Vincent, besides having his millionaire industrialist ally Scoville and the 'believers' has at last finally convinced a top government figure in a position of power and thwarted The Invaders plan to use their master weapon

the second season was building up to that over the course of episodes like 'Counter Attack','The Trial', 'The Vise', 'The Peacemaker', 'The Pursued', 'The Miracle' etc where Vincent and the 'believers' either convinced key allies, or a larger number of witnesses to the presence of the Invaders on Earth survive, or re 'The Miracle' Vincent gained an item of alien technology as proof of The Invaders presence on Earth

season one had more stand alone episodes - however most had certain aspects that indicated Vincent at least had 'contacts' that suggested he might be far more than just an architect - we learn Vincent has an (unseen) buddy in the CIA in 'The Experiment', the security agent (Lin McCarthy) cannot leave the township until Vincent departs in 'The Mutation' (why ?), Vincent being both expected and accepted without question at NASA's equivalent by a senior figure (Peter Graves) in 'Moonshot', being summond by a U.S. Army Intelligence officer (William Windom) in 'Doomsday Minus One', and in season two opener 'Condition; Red' being expected at Cheynne Mountain NORAD where security guards even have his photo on the orders of their USAF chief who takes Vincent seriously not as a 'crank' from the word go

also earlier in 'The Innocent' we learn a UFO investigating USAF Captain (Dabney Coleman) has also seen - and gunned down - an alien....and after seeming to disbelieve and just throw Vincent out of his office at the end, then when left alone picks up his phone and, following Vincent's advice orders them to run a further security check on his Sgt (Robert Doyle) whom Vincent told him was an alien...why do that ???

while in the first season final episode 'The Condemned' Vincent succeeds in keeping the list of key alien figures who are set up in positions of influence and power....the closing narration then reveals ALL of those figures either die or vanish in the weeks that followed...

'The Life Seekers' even widens the show's core format as we learn that there are some influential aliens who are opposed to the Earth Invasion plan - Vincent helps two (guests Barry Morse and Diana Muldar) reach a saucer to take them home to continue their struggle on the alien home world eluding the Invaders who seek to kill them...

the show had a lot of undertones about it

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Simon A likes this.
  25. I was chatting with one of the producers for the series DVD set he stated it wasn’t likely (at least in its current form) that we would see The Invaders in high deductibles. For those sequences with damage, they had to use 2nd gen video to fill in. Evidently the original negatives for the show no longer exist. Having said that, the DVDs upscale nicely except for those sections pulled from video (s0me of the earlier episodes). Having said that, I’m not sure what the source is for most of,the transfers as some clearly are from film as they have far more detail than I would think would be visible in a second gen videotape.

at 0ne point, they were trying to relaunch a film after the failed 90’s TV pilot but that never happened.

Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.