The Kenny Everett Video Show [Thread Redux]

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by KatCassidy, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatCassidy

KatCassidy Mixed bag Thread Starter

Originally posted by myself almost exactly seven years ago:

I've been watching TV for a long time. I've seen some crazy things in my time. But what has been craziest of all has been The Kenny Everett Video Show from Thames TV in the late 1970's. I watched it when I was a kid in the erly 80's and then again bout 10 years ago on old VHS tapes. Now it is on YouTube and I have to say even the first 90 seconds of the video linked below is like nothing I've ever seen before or since.....

(Clips from series 4)

Yes, there's Monty Python. Yes, there's George Carlin. Yes, there's the Big Bang Theory. But there's nothing like Kenny Everett. I wish they'd put it on DVD.

ShallowMemory and kouzie like this.
  2. KatCassidy

KatCassidy Mixed bag Thread Starter

And as the forum software automatically embeds the first YouTube link and only the first YouTube link, without the ability to select which link it embeds, here is the rest of my post.

And now back to 2019: Kenny Everett Video Show (The)

Released at the end of October and, much to my delight, the vast majority of the music is intact. Including the running gags with Cliff Richard. And this great but brief appearance by David Bowie:

The £40 asking price is a bit steep sounding. But it is, in my opinion, worth it. The tapes of the show they used are in great condition and you get a heap of music videos that you can't get elsewhere as they were produced for the show.

Not only that but, again in my opinion, Kenny Everett was one of the funniest men on television. Some jokes and gags are sophisticated. Some are just crude double entendre. Which I happen to be a huge fan of. Some skits are just him saying something silly. Other jokes are, well, multiple versions of himself doing whatever it was required to get a laugh. That makes it sound cheap and tacky.

And, really, it probably was. But in the spirit of light entertainment, you will be delightfully entertained and this show should fill anyone with good spirits.

ShallowMemory likes this.
  3. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

It was bloody funny.

4. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Dynamite for the mind as nowt was left of it afterward, this essential viewing at the time if your were in your teens for the edgy humour and guest appearances. I still have floating around the odd annual with the Captain Kremen stories and Sid Snot.

5. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Here's where I first saw Kenny Everett:

Rufus McDufus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.