The Kinks anthology or video collection DVD?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by antonkk, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone knows about such stuff? I used to have a 1964-84 videos on VHS (it was some kind of documentary but maany promos were compete) and absoutely llove stuff like Come Dancing or State of Confusion. I guess there MUCH more out there and Kinks finally deserve a HUGE archive DVD!

2. Reader

Reader Senior Member

There was a Rhino Shindig videotape that had some early B&W videos that were fun to watch. There is a Kinks Special Edition EP dvd that has 4 videos from the German "Beat Club". It's ok but way too short and the quality is watchable but nothing to brag about. The last thing that I have is the "Come Dancing with the Kinks" dvd. It has 8 videos, 3 which are live from the 80's but again the quality isn't great. It does include the Ray Davies film "Return to Waterloo". The sound on all these seem to be standard tv quality. Better than nothing but not what the Kinks deserve. Anybody know of anything else available?

3. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

The concert film "One For The Road" is in decent quality on DVD. The picture quality is about as good as you could expect from the old video tape but the sound is actually pretty good. It's in 5.1 but I haven't popped this title in since I went "surround". I do recall some bonus material including a fun commentary of the entire show from Dave Davies. There were several revealing (and funny) moments in the commentary. Ray was sort of thin during that period and, at one point, Dave comments something like, "Hey Ray...you look Fit man!. Way to go!". He also makes a few drug references, as I recall (nothing serious just a couple of jokes). This is definitely a worthy purchase for Kinks fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.