The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society - 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Now Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Sep 9, 2017.

1. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I emailed them last night and haven't gotten a response yet. I did get the auto response saying that my inquiry was sent to the relevant team.

2. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

I came home to ‘missed delivery’ card from Royal Mail for a signed-for delivery, so I am assuming it’s my AWOL Kinks ... so I’ll now be signing for my signatures on Friday!

marmalade166 and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

hi guys. i want to ask a question about this album. initially i didnt want to ask it in this thread, but now that i think of it, i should have asked it here in the first place. se, let me ask
    i am thinking of buying this version
    The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
    it is the usa 2018 stereo version from what i assume, mastered by kevin gray. It was mastered from original master tapes? or am i wrong?
    should i get it? or am i better off with the mono version?(mono version is available only on deluxe box?). and finally which is better, the usa pressing or should i go for the euroean one? your opinions? thank you guys

4. awsop

awsop Forum Resident

My EU 2018 stereo version sounds better than I've ever heard before. Substantial, but not heavy, bass and the highs sounds wonderful like jingling, tinkling bells (on Animal Farm). The pressing is flat and dead quiet.

Derek Slazenger and porotikos like this.
  5. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

thank you my friend. from what i read, both eu and usa versions are mastered bu Kevin Gray, but the matrices are different. should i opt for a specific pressing? or are they equally good? should i forget about the mono at this time? (i ask that because from various posts people prefer the mono?)
    cheers to all

6. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Get the box. It's worth every penny. All LPS in the box sound great. Personally I like both mixes but lean toward the mono version and play that one more often.

porotikos likes this.
  7. awsop

awsop Forum Resident

How do you think to get the US version ? Hard to find within the EU, so you have to import from the US with enormous shipping costs included.
    Besides, all the records in the box (the same for the US and EU) are pressed in the EU, by Optimal. I didn't encounter any complaints about the pressing quality in this thread.
    So I wouldn't bother that much about possible differences.

8. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

9. KinkySmallFace1991

I sent my email to BMG again, seeing as I didn’t receive a reply when I sent it earlier this week and got this in auto-response:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BMG. Your query will be forwarded onto the relevant team.

Please note if you query is regarding a demo, be assured that all submissions are forwarded onto the A&R team. However, due to the volume of emails we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.

Kind regards,
    BMG

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Me too.

11. Kernow Boy

Kernow Boy I don't like it

I contacted BMG on 7 Nov regarding the photo. Anybody else still not received theirs yet?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. JohnKale

JohnKale Forum Resident

I'm in the USA, so I expect to wait longer. Unless someone knows of a contact in the US.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Dante Fontana

Dante Fontana Forum Resident

My new EU 2018 stereo is a nice quiet pressing but have to say I prefer my 80s PRT LP, it’s just a bit warmer and more pleasant (for me) to listen to. First time i’ve been (slightly) disappointed with a Kevin Gray cut, although bear in mind I’ve never been a fan of the sound of VGPS. I think what I really needed was CD3 but can’t justify buying the box for it.

donohed, porotikos and Neonbeam like this.
  14. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

You should be receiving this message shortly:

Hi -

We’re very sorry about the missing Kinks Village Green box set photo, which was down to a production issue.

We’re currently printing out replacement photos and will post you one as soon as possible. Please advise the best address that we can send these to.

Hope you enjoy the set.

BMG UK

15. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I received mine yesterday, good service. Somehow I have the idea that they are printing them on demand on photo paper one by one. Anyway this is an expensive operation for BMG.

nfmboss666 likes this.
  16. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Some of you might enjoy seeing this rare photo. It comes from Gabriel Yacoub, the founder and lead singer of the sublime French group Malicorne. He’s seen here as a young boy trying to get an autograph off Ray, walking the streets of 60s Paris.

[​IMG]

17. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Do you mean Dave Davies?

bobcat, Dave Hoos, btltez and 2 others like this.
  18. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I didn’t, no. Isn’t that Ray ?

19. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

No.

bobcat, Dave Hoos and dlemaudit like this.
  20. culabula

culabula Unread author.

That’s how he was identified by the poster of the photo, Monsieur Yacoub. I’ll ask.

21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I’ve asked and you’re quite right. Their maxima culpa. It is indeed Dave.

Derek Slazenger, Dave Hoos and Adam9 like this.
  22. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Gabriel following a dedicated leader of fashion, Dave Davies.

Adam9 likes this.
  23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

thats dave davies for sure

Dave Hoos likes this.
  24. Terry

Terry Senior Member

This looks like Dave, not Ray.

25. KinkySmallFace1991

I still haven't received my email.

At this point, I'd be okay with a hi-res digital scan from a member here...