The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society - 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe Now Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Sep 9, 2017.

1. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

The Move's appearance on Colour Me Pop also survives in its entirety.

2. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

Hopefully this "Matt" dude doesn't have lousy taste in EQ and compression like the last mastering crew did. I can't listen to any of those deluxe sets. They are hideous sounding.

omranger, bobcat and Laservampire like this.
  3. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

God I hope so.

4. mjlynott

mjlynott Forum Resident

Copied from Smiley69 post on deluxe editions thread

smiley69Forum Resident
    And Mr Sandoval confirms the VGPS box on Facebook : "I am proud to have selected the tapes for this series and hope it will grow new Kinks fans. For the older fans who have heard it all before, let us allow some new people to discover this wonderful katalog. Currently working on a Village Green Preservation Society box set with some things you have not heard before!"

God Andrew you are such a tease. Tell us already!!!

5. JohnBR

JohnBR Forum Resident

O my, could we finally get to hear the fabled Sir Jasper/Lilacs and Daffodils, with Mick Avory's vocals??

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. mjlynott

mjlynott Forum Resident

Probably not. Think that's a Face to Face out take but would hope so all the same

7. mjlynott

mjlynott Forum Resident

some of Rays late 68 demos maybe?

Toymaker
    Monday Tuesdy Wednesday
    Fancy Kitchen Gadgetry
    Could Be Right Could Be Wrong

8. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

I wonder if we'll get the 20 track double LP - Ray submitted it to Pye and it was rejected - there must be paperwork as to what was on it (I can guess at 'Misty Water', 'Rosemary Rose', 'Pictures In The Sand', 'Days' plus possible 'Mr. Songbird'.)

I'm not jumping around at the thought of another edition of what is one of the very greatest LP's I've ever heard IMHO. There needs to be something conclusive to make me buy it.

If the sound was an advance over anything we've had previously I'd jump though. The Prof Stoned rip sounds very very very good.

NOS300B and The Ole' Rocker like this.
  9. mjlynott

mjlynott Forum Resident

He's never going to disclose what the 20 track version was. For one thing it would undermine what is now one of his greatest achievements. I created a thread about that a while back

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

You're probably right on that. The sequencing of the 15 track 'VGPS' is masterful as it stands. The first vinyl side is one of the greatest sequences in rock'n'roll, IMHO.

11. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

The same goes for the Moody Blues and The Mothers Of Invention.

12. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I didn't get a screen grab, but Sandoval's instagram story showed a worksheet for "Village Green Disc 2" yesterday. It's getting closer...

13. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

With all the recent effort put into AAA vinyl from the Kinks in the past few years, I hope the trend continues here. However after the mono box, a nice 3/4 LP box w book is probably the only way I would buy MORE Kinks vinyl at this point.

Leviethan likes this.
  14. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I have my doubts on a vinyl box happening. They don't sell well enough and it wouldn't be out until next year if it they wanted it pressed. I'd be okay with the cds. Andrew makes projects for that particular medium. However, chances are he's just supplying the tracks and not in charge of much else.

FJFP likes this.
  15. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Forum Resident

I hope it comes with a Picture Book.

16. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

If this came out in a box similar to the Monkees deluxe boxes I'd be extremely happy. This doesn't need to be an unwieldy 12" box, but a book bigger than CD size would be nice.

17. Today from Andrew Sandoval’s Facebook page :

Cutting the lacquers for the Village Green box set with Kevin Gray tomorrow Cohearent Audio, LLC. Happy to report, this is the best I have ever heard the album sound in 30+ years of listening and admiring it through multiple pressings and reissues. Both mono & stereo have been matched to UK Pye originals for track spacing.

A new assembly. Found lower generation sources for a couple of songs.

Also apparently 5 cds

18. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

I'm guessing he means bonus tracks. (The original mono and stereo LP masters should have been available and in use since the 2003 deluxe edition, correct?)

superstar19 likes this.
  19. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Christmas comes early!!

20. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Andrew posted this on Facebook a few hours ago.

“Cutting the lacquers for the Village Green box set with Kevin Gray tomorrow Cohearent Audio, LLC. Happy to report, this is the best I have ever heard the album sound in 30+ years of listening and admiring it through multiple pressings and reissues. Both mono & stereo have been matched to UK Pye originals for track spacing.“

Andrew Sandoval

21. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

Steven Wilson remix?

nfmboss666 likes this.
  22. And they found some better generations for several of the tracks.

23. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

24. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Andrew Sandoval Big box has CD and vinyl

25. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I will buy this the minute the preorder is announced.

Why is Kevin cutting the mono version again, though? Did they find a better master?

Matthew Tate likes this.