The last movie you saw in the theater

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise) Thread Starter

We saw that the other night! Very enjoyable and funny, a story of an "alternative" family, a single man wanting to have a child, hiring a much younger woman to bear a child for him with a donor egg.

rockerreds likes this.
  2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Yes, it was really BAD!

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I saw that trailer in front of "The Father" the other day, and I'm not sure you could pay me enough money to see "Truffle Hunters"! :help:

4. Oatsdad

What's the AMC in question?

5. Oatsdad

I would've seen "Bill and Ted" theatrically but AMC didn't run it, so I waited for the Blu-ray!

6. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Yeah, I had to go to a little independent theater to see it. They released it on demand the same day, so the big chains didn't show it.

7. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Toy story 4

8. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

AMC Palisades 21 in West Nyack, NY. The theater is on the 4th floor of a mall. Turns out there 20 seats in the room, not 16, but those extra seats are in a wheelchair accessible area.

Oatsdad and Chris DeVoe like this.
  9. CDFanatic

CDFanatic Forum Resident

The most recent Star Wars. Around Christmas a few months before The Pandemic.

10. Chris DeVoe

But what if we sprinkle tiny shavings of a fungus that smells like feet over your dinner?

11. Oatsdad

No, it's at my local AMC!

12. Oatsdad

If I want shavings that smell like feet, I'll just scrape the dirt off my own paws!

13. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Just saw the first The Fast And The Furious (2001) last night for free at a Regal Theater as part of a promo. Also received free popcorn that was a birthday present (since I missed it in 2020), that was nice.
    Things looked very normal inside with plenty of staff and a decent crowd.
    The movie holds up and the appearance of Vin Diesel in arguably his first big starring role shows why he is a movie star. Paul Walker is actually the star of the movie but Vin is quite a presence in this movie.
    Strange how he abandoned the future projects only to return years later and make it into the massive franchise it is now.
    The new one F9 comes out June 25th.

14. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

jeez, we saw this in theater last this past weekend and left really really disappointed in the film and that we had paid full price for that. Helms was incredibly annoying and not believable. a couple of sweet scenes but an ending that still drives me nuts. posted on different thread about my disdain for this and the ending. not worth it IMO.

15. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Sorry you didn't like it, I saw it twice in and it held up for me.

16. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

twice??? you paid both times?:yikes:

17. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

The Dresser-with Anthony Hopkins and Ian McKellan. Hopkins plays a deteriorating and tempermental stage actor and McKellan plays his long standing (suffering?) dresser. set during WWII as they work through a performance of King Lear. also with Emily Watson and a very young Vanessa Kirby. I enjoyed watching these two actors play off one and other even though the accents made it hard to understand at times. might be just me.

18. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

I got senior discount both times!

19. CatManDude

CatManDude Forum Existent

20. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

I wish I could remember. Saw a few at the drive in.

21. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

Interesting - I just bought a ticket for a movie tomorrow at AMC, and although I am only halfway to a Stubs reward, pointwise, they gave me a $5 reward towards my ticket. I started thinking about this ticket yesterday, and saw then they were intending on giving me a reward. I did not buy the ticket yesterday and let the order expire. I started over today and followed through to buy the ticket, and they did in fact apply the reward that I had not yet earned. I’m not complaining at all, I just think it’s interesting.

Anyway, the film is Limbo, and I will report back tomorrow with my opinion of the film. For $3.19, I can hardly go wrong!

SandAndGlass and Chris DeVoe like this.
  22. Chris DeVoe

They do that with some films.
    Vickie and I saw that the other day and can recommend it. It's a slow quiet film, but at times both funny and moving.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    brownie61 likes this.
  23. Chris DeVoe

The last film we saw in the theater was The Human Factor, a documentary about America's involvement in the Middle East peace process. Not something you necessarily have to see in the world, but an option with A*List. Right now in the IMAX theater waiting for the new Jason Statham film The Wrath of Man.

Yes, we do have wide-ranging tastes.

24. Chris DeVoe

Spell checker keeps doing bizarre "corrections" after showing me the right thing. The correct word was "theater".

25. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Parasite I think Feb 2020