Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Heavy Metal Snow White

Heavy Metal Snow White Active Member

2. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

"Enter the Dragon" (1973)
    A kung fu expert turned secret agent (Bruce Lee) infiltrates a secret martial arts tournament at a super villain's private island fortress, so he can take apart the host's smuggling operations from the inside. Many butts are kicked along the way, with a little help from fellow bad-asses John Saxon (who apparently was a black belt in real life) and the awesomely Afro'd Jim Kelly.

"The Show Must Go On: The Queen & Adam Lambert Story" (2019)
    Flashy rock doc tells the story of how Queen and "American Idol" runner up Adam Lambert came together to honor Freddie Mercury and continue the band's legendary run. I've never been more than a casual Queen fan, but after watching Lambert belt out a selection of their classics on concert stages around the world in this doc, I have to say that they found the right guy.

3. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

Kong Skull Island BR

4. Hendertuckie

Hendertuckie Forum Resident

Bachelor Mother from 1939.

5. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

6. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Forum Resident

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

I liked the first two films in this series, and the two leads. But this is just more run of the mill demonic possession stuff. It legit does look really good the way its filmed, and the effects are decent. The scares aren't particularly scary. Maybe I've seen too many of this type of film?

The story also seems all over the place but they tie it together by the end, for the most part.

7/10

changeling69 likes this.
  7. Kaskade10729

As a diehard fan of the first two, I didn't have high expectations for this one -- if only because James Wan wasn't stapled to the director's chair for it.

Guess I'll wait to give it a rental. Want to see Wrath of Man and Furious 9 theatrically, though...

The case they should have tapped into for another Warren story was the one the chilling book Satan's Harvest was based on, about the farmer who was terrorized by unholy entities. Would have made a great film.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Al Capone Rod Steiger

changeling69 likes this.
  9. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

Another Thin Man (1939) - The 3rd "Thin Man" movie on BD. Powell and Loy are great as usual with Shemp Howard as the icing on the cake. I've been upgrading many classics in my collection to BD before physical media becomes extinct.

Rachael Bee likes this.
  10. Goat

Goat I could be wrong, but...

The Witch
    Director Robert Eggers
    Fabulous, I felt I was in the place.
    A folk tale concerning the Puritans who left the UK to settle in the new world.
    Superb film.
    9/10

11. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Forum Resident

I would also count myself as a fan of Wan’s, but I didn’t find myself missing him in the director’s chair here. One of his protégés took the reins and does fine with it.

The whole thing just has kind of an episodic, TV-movie vibe to it that has more to do with the story pacing, I would say. Give it a shot if you’re a fan of the first two.

12. changeling69

changeling69 WorldCitizen

My fav remake of Kong with Naomi Watts

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  13. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

The original Planet of the Apes & Beneath the Planet of the Apes... haven't seen any of the originals since the '80s... showing them to my 8-year-old boy, trying to explain to him how big the franchise was back in the '70s before Star Wars hit the scene... he liked the first one, the sophomore not so much, but he's also watching the '70s cartoon of his own accord so I guess the franchise has some appeal to him...

14. Goat

Goat I could be wrong, but...

Penguin Bloom
    Extraordinary story of an Australian family, rocked by a serious accident.
    Naomi Watts is very good in this.

7/10

changeling69 likes this.
  15. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Senior Member

[​IMG]

(1968; Alan Arkin, Sondra Locke)

[​IMG]

A personal favorite for over 20 years, since I first saw it. I love this movie. I love the ending too.

Al Kuenster likes this.
  16. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Mommie Dearest .... Take your polished nails off me you damn, dirty movie star! :D

17. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Barb And Star Go To Vista Del Mar on BD. Inspired by 1960's Woody Allen movies, I'm so sure!

18. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Forum Resident

Almost Famous: Untitled: Bootleg Cut DVD

19. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

The Conjuring 2 It was okay, probably watch the third movie too.

Hunting Ground Low budget Sasquatch movie, but fairly decent.

Runaway Train Jon Voight plays a prisoner that breaks out of jail and hijacks a train. Pretty decent action film.

20. changeling69

A very twisted black horror trilogy.....love black horror since I saw Blacula many moons ago :)

21. changeling69

.................before that I watched this epic masterpiece....Karen Black vs the little mean creature is awesome :)

Dear 23 and Al Kuenster like this.
  22. Kaskade10729

I believe that's what they were going for with regard to the vibe -- it is supposed to take on a different aesthetic compared to the first two, and I read somewhere that the narrative was based on the basic framing of The Exorcism of Emily Rose (so that's why it has a kind of LA Law-meets-the-occult feel).

Chrome_Head likes this.
  23. Kaskade10729

Funny....I JUST watched Conjuring 2 last night....

Morpheus likes this.
  24. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

How was this? I have my eye on it as I like the cast...

25. Kaskade10729