Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Bluesman Mark

Bluesman Mark But I'm innocent! Swan stole my music & framed me!

Daughters Of Darkness, a Belgium lesbian vampire film from 1971, directed by Harry Kumel.

[​IMG]

changeling69 likes this.
  2. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

"Jennifer's Body" (2009)
    The unlikely friendship between a nerdy high school girl (Amanda Seyfried) and her uber-popular cheerleader BFF (Megan Fox) gets more complicated when Fox gets demonically possessed and starts snacking on the local population. A fun, gory, snarky horror comedy in the vein of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV series.

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Bob Dylan - Rolling Thunder Revue

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  4. Warzawa

Warzawa The Starman

in general it was The Last Samurai

last new to me movie... i cant remember probably WW84 or something like that

5. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Current operator of the Freedonia peanut stand

The Death of Stalin (2017)
    Midnight Run (1988)

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Bunny And The Bull (2009).

7. Saintbert

Saintbert Forum Resident

I Love You to Death (directed by Lawrence Kasdan, 1990). Joey Boca runs an Italian restaurant and multiple extramarital relationships. When his wife finds out, she wants him killed and his mother-in-law is strangely eager to help. He just doesn't seem to get the message no matter how many bullets they put in him.

This dark comedy has a ridiculously strong cast: Kevin Kline, Tracey Ullman, Joan Plowright, River Phoenix, Keanu Reeves, and William Hurt. It's hard to find fault with the actors, yet the film never quite finds its pace or tone. The acting performances are the highlight. To my embarrassment (and to his credit, I suppose), I kept watching Hurt's subtle acting especially and thinking, I need to find out who the actor is. He really becomes whoever he plays, and here he is a drugged out hitman.

8. Someone In A Tree

Someone In A Tree Four-on-the-floor

[​IMG]
    Age of Ice (2014)
    Plot summary: When massive earthquakes open the Arabian tectonic plate, the result is unstable weather and freezing temperatures...a vacationing American family in Egypt attempts to reach safety...
    Capsule review: It made no sense whatsoever.

changeling69 likes this.
  9. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

10. Kaskade10729

11. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Forum Resident

Been wanting to rewatch some Tarantino, so the lady friend and I watched True Romance (1993) which QT wrote the script for (directed by Tony Scott). Probably one of my favorite movies. I gave my girl a warning at the beginning that the movie is decidedly not-PC, as she had never seen it. She enjoyed it.

12. [​IMG]
    To Kill A Mockingbird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10/10 (without a doubt).

My hero in it....
    [​IMG]

And agoraphobic, like I've been most of my life.

13. Teufelzkerl

Teufelzkerl Forum Resident

Black Widow (2021) - 6 out of 10.

14. Kaskade10729

Probably gonna end up missing this in theaters, like everything else I wanted to see pre-COVID....

Was this as bad as everyone says?

15. Teufelzkerl

Teufelzkerl Forum Resident

Nah not really bad like Capt. Disco (Marvel) or Black Panther, just a middling entry like Ant-Man 2 or Doc Strange.

16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yup, it's call fun! out of reality...the dregs of.

Al Kuenster likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'll bet you understood every word that left Brads lips...great fun movie...hysterical in parts.

18. Kaskade10729

Thanks. I rented Captain Marvel, wasn't enough for a buy. I didn't even bother with Black Woken-ther...

I feel like this film was **** on as bad as Wonder Woman 84 was, yet the wife and I enjoyed that sequel enough to warrant getting the 4K Blu-ray of it when we found it on sale.

19. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Gritty, tight and awesome! Love this film!

20. Kaskade10729

Favorite of mine, as well -- one of the most clever endings EVER to be spit out of Hollyweird (along with the conclusion of Nighthawks). They just don't make em like this anymore.

And it was just SO refreshing to bear witness to a society that wasn't entrenched in thick, syrupy political correctness like it is today...my God, this film is so far removed from "politically correct" it can almost be satire...

I replaced my MGM non-anamorphic DVD with the Kino Lorber Blu-ray reissue, which fixed a lot of the picture problems but doesn't really present this classic flawlessly, either. Was this a download you watched or a disc?

LeBon Bush likes this.
  21. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Oh yes. I could only imagine the uproar if such a film were to come out today :D

I watched the german blu ray that came out in 2019. Anamorphic, 2,35:1 aspect ratio. I'm pretty sure it's the Kino Lorber master, only with added german dub. I'm pleased with it, but while watching thought it could still look a tad better.

Kaskade10729 likes this.
  22. The Pinhead

The Pinhead SUDACA ROÑOSO

Insanely good movie :

[​IMG]

changeling69 likes this.
  23. The Pinhead

The Pinhead SUDACA ROÑOSO

24. Kaskade10729

Rented it when it first came out and didn't care for it; I suppose everyone's different...

I am a huge Neeson fan, but I feel like the stinkers he's been putting out ever since the days of Batman Begins and Taken have just been nails in the professional career coffin; seems like ever since the unfortunate, saddening death of his wife, his career just hasn't been the same. I didn't care for The Commuter, The Marksman or Non-Stop. :shrug:

The Pinhead likes this.
  25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Room 12 Hotel de Suede (1993) The hotel that Jean Luc Goddard filmed scenes in Breathless is about to be torn down so a filmmaker stays in the hotel room and gathers most to the cast and crew to tell the story of the film.

He calls Jean Luc on the phone a couple of times who answers 'Dream on' and 'I can't remember ... i'm busy .. go away'

extra on the New Wave box edition of Breathless

changeling69 and LeBon Bush like this.