The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

Venom
    Though the graphics are great, the movie was SO boring

2. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Mine was on the shelf so long that I'd forgotten how poor it looks. When I put it up, by those day's standards, it probably wasn't as bad. It's dog ugly now. I wish HBO would fix it up so it up to be fit for TV.

Al Kuenster likes this.
  3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

4. Tajo1960

Tajo1960 Well-Known Member

5. The Hound Of The Baskervilles - Rathbone, Bruce, Atwill and others, 1939, MPI DVD-2004.
    [​IMG]

6. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. I like music; I worship no musicians.

[​IMG]
    High Sierra (1941).
    Just watched the main feature (looks good), not the supplements, or the bonus film (second disc) yet.

Al Kuenster likes this.
  7. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. I like music; I worship no musicians.

Watched Summer Stock again while I still had the rental,
    it's really not all that bad. And Get Happy is outstanding of course.
    (Last night after my first two Judy movies, before my third I skimmed through it watching highlights maybe 15 minutes-20 of it)
    [​IMG]

8. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 4:50 AM
  9. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Venom 2

Entertaining enough at the Theatre

10. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

11. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

:righton:
    Yeah I liked it a lot myself....unlike some films all done in one house it's not claustrophobic in feel.
    In the extras on my dvd they show some on set photos and the color cameras are huge. One of the writers said that it had been planned to not include the opening murder scene, and that Hitchcock kind of chickened out by including it. The idea in leaving it out would be the enhancement of the suspense. You would go through the movie not knowing for sure if there was a murder . I kind of agreed with that idea. Still good suspense and the scenes keep your attention.

D-rock likes this.
  12. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

13. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 8

No Time To Die. 1st time back in a movie theater since the pandemic. Saw it in Cinemark XD theater.

footlooseman likes this.
  14. Rachael Bee

I watched True Lies on a Spanish BD. It looked and sounded good but a few German subtitles slipped out despite them being turned off. They were not for dialog but for signs or something you see in English. The last one to pop out was for "one year Later" being on screen in English. The disc is loaded with languages and subtitles in multiple languages but there's some flaws.

15. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

well, to do that "I'd have to get into a time machine and get back to the 16th century"

16. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Forum Resident

Exorcist III is one of THE most underrated horror films ever...totally misunderstood. I remember seeing it in theaters when it came out in '90 and I didn't really "get it," either; upon multiple viewings at home over the decades, mainly via VHS sessions, I understood what Blatty was going for -- and the novel it's based on, Legion, is pretty creepy too (though a LOT of it was changed for the film's screenplay).

If you ever get the chance, pick up Scream Factory's Blu-ray of the title and watch the hobbled-together "Director's Cut" which splices together footage from Blatty's original vision for the film. Eye-opening to say the least, but the Theatrical Cut ends up being the much better watch, even with that studio-mandated tacked-on exorcism sequence at the end.

Exorcist II: The Heretic, directed by John Boorman, was often considered one of the worst films ever MADE, but the truth is that, audiences were so enamored by the first film they were willing to accept anything as a sequel. I always had a soft spot for The Heretic, what with its off-the-wall soundtrack and hysterical visuals of Richard Burton and Linda Blair sharing brainwaves via that "linking device," and I need to get around to ordering the Scream Factory release of that film, as well...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

footlooseman likes this.
  17. Kaskade10729

18. Rachael Bee

I forgot to mention that the BD is not Wee-jun locked.

19. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Forum Resident

20. changeling69

changeling69 WorldCitizen

I only saw I and II .....now I'm hooked to watch III as well.

21. changeling69

Eyewitness (2017) based on a true story .

22. Kaskade10729

Please do so....it really is an authentic direct sequel to the first film, picking up in 1990 when Kinderman and Dyer have become fast friends and they're grieving the loss of mutual friend Father Karras; the plot gets a bit weird from there, but the premise is that Karras' soul has been kept alive by the demonic force that inhibited Regan in the first film (in this one, it may even be the Devil himself, as Blatty as hinted at in interviews, not Pazuzu, the demon that tormented MacNeil), and, as a punishment for expelling the demon from the girl, this presence has combined the soul of the Gemini Killer (played outrageously by Brad Douriff) with Karras' in Karras' body. This is all for the purpose of the demon, or Devil, to be able to knock off anyone associated with the exorcism from the first film or who may have been friends with Karras, including Kinderman.

It is a really weird film with strange dialogue delivery -- but it is truly an Exorcist sequel that was grossly misunderstood and underrated. Unfortunately, Morgan Creek, the subsidiary of Warner Bros. behind the film, demanded Blatty go back and shoot an exorcism sequence at the end, so the final scene feels a bit out of place and tacked-on (when what came before it was more of a murder mystery)...it depicts a fully-possessed Karras in a hospital's disturbed ward being exorcised by a priest who is summoned out of nowhere to complete the task (you'll see what I mean when you watch it, if you do).

changeling69 likes this.
  23. changeling69

Sounds weird enuff to look FWD to watching it a.s.a.p.

24. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

25. Django Unchained, the Quentin Tarantino Blacksploitation movie, on the DVR.

After the opening credits, over the first scene, a graphic comes up to set the scene. It says "1858 Two Years Before The Civil War". I almost turned it off right there.

Tajo1960 likes this.