The last movie you watched was...? (take five)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

Wow, I didn't know about all this. That's very sad.

2. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

fabre and brownie61 like this.
  3. The Nightmare - a documentary on sleep paralysis, in which people have nightmares about creepy sinister figures that invade their homes, but they can’t move or respond. Interesting.

Wolf Cop - A bum of a cop becomes a werewolf, and consequently a better cop. Watched on Joe Bob Briggs’ The Last Drive-in on Shudder. I liked it as it was pretty funny and fun. Apparently it has a bad sequel, just so ya know.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man. A really weird Japanese film about a man and woman who are slowly being “infected” with metal mechanical parts. I must watch again sometime, as I was sleepy and finding it hard to follow. I’m not sure being awake would help. It’s a helluva thing.

4. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

Last night I saw Hans Christian Andersen.
    I loved it (sans the ballet sequence).

5. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

wow.
    thank you
    yes he does
    I had read before, after your comment, I looked up on wikipedia,
    but this sure hits harder to read.
    got all welled up from it
    incredibly sad, the poor thing...

thank you for the article

6. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

I saw The Sound Of Music for the first time ever.
    Eh....it had its moments, especially early on, when it seemed really good to me.
    Some moments were nice...

7. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Revolt on Netflix. Alien invasion movie with the watchable Lee Pace set in Africa.

It borrows from a dozen movies and ideas but its a watchable 90 minutes for a Saturday evening with beer and pizza.

8. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I had Tetsuo II on VHS many years ago. Totally incomprehensible.

Pinknik likes this.
  9. mBen989

mBen989 Forum Resident

Renaldo and Clara

[​IMG]

footlooseman likes this.
  10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

True, and I also heard that she lobbied so hard to get the role, it was surprising. She was no one's first choice, IIRC

Jimmy B. likes this.
  11. At Close Range (1986)

Still packs a punch. Christopher Walken is the ultimate creep in this movie.

12. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Avengers Endgame. Marvel's greatest hits.

mBen989 likes this.
  13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Bronco Billy

14. Michael

he is! I'd watch him reading a phone book! love him...the dude loves to dance...the original spacey space cadet...

Butterfly Blue likes this.
  15. Michael

Wolf Cop...yea, we enjoyed this as well!

Pinknik likes this.
  16. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

The Wizard Of Oz

mBen989 likes this.
  17. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Of Mice and Men

Jimmy B. likes this.
  18. Fastnbulbous

If you think that one was bad (and it was), check out The Commuter. An even older Liam Neeson takes an even more brutal beating and comes out with barely a scratch, for an even more farfetched reason. I know Michael will say it's escapist fare so why quibble over realism.

19. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

ANIMAL HOUSE.
    Still a classic.

I tried watching this some months ago and dismissed it; I must have been too depressed, sometimes your mood can kill everything. Loved it again this time. Watched in in HD, just ordered the Blu-ray, upgrade from my DVD.

When in high school a billion years ago it was my favorite film, and I even have the illustrated novel type book, which includes some different dialogue. Great film. I still knew some of the lines that followed when watching...

20. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Forum Resident

One of the greatest comedies of all time! - Pee-Wee's Big Adventure!
    I had forgotten the sheer brilliance and hilarity of this movie. I saw it when it came out in '85 in the movie theater multiple times.
    I think it's my favorite Tim Burton picture, even above Ed Wood. SO much is put into this...just magnificent. Superlatives are all that can suffice.

21. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Fallen - I'd never seen this 20 yr old movie but when I saw Denzel Washington, John Goodman, and Donald Sutherland were in it I figured it was a safe bet. Was pleasantly surprised to see James Gandolfini and Aida Tuturro (Tony & Sis!). The story was kinda dopey but watching these actors working together was a treat!

22. Fastnbulbous

The Seven-Ups. Inferior in every way to The French Connection despite having many of the same cast and crew.

23. steveharris

steveharris Forum Resident

Destroyer-Another dark depressing crime does not pay story.

24. Wine Country (Netflix)

Meh.
    I think they could have left out Emily Spivey and Judy Pell and just fleshed out the other character's stories a little more. And if Tina Fey had written it I'm sure it would have been better. Didn't seem finished. Just weird.
    Kind of a waste of such funny ladies.

25. harmonica98

harmonica98 Forum Resident

'High Life' (2018) - new one from Claire Denis. Completely bonkers and, frankly, not very good. Excellent performance from Robert Pattinson though.